chapter fifty four

jeonghan's pov

i was doing nothing at my desk after that exhausting week because of the job that my boss gave me and sooae to work together as. we are still awkward and i started to feel like i can't fix our relationship anymore. it seems like she has fully closed her heart for me.

after that, i heard someone came and when i looked at the door, it was sooae. i wanted to greet her, but, she looked so unhappy and her eyes were swollen. did she cried last night? why?

then, she slowly walked to her place and sat next to me. after that, she placed her bag on the table before she closed her eyes and sighed heavily.

a few hours passed and this is the first time in my whole life where sooae didn't talked to anyone here and not minding anything that happened around her. joshua also can't do anything since he's very busy and dokyeom's still not back yet.

i was so worried looking at her condition, so, when the office hour has ended, i decided to follow her car from behind, hoping that she won't notice me. after a while, she stopped at a club.

i anxiously followed her inside, but, i can't find her with the loud music and the lights there. what is she doing here?

after almost ten minutes wandering around the club, i can finally find her. she was sitting alone at one of the table and three bottles of soju were there.

"oh, shit." i said before i fastly walked to her table and stopped her from drinking. she must've gone crazy. after the reunion party that day, i knew that sooae's alcohol tolerance are very low, so, she easily got drunk.

"no... let me drink more." she whimpered.

"sooae, are you crazy? you're drunk already, let's go." i said pulling her out of there and drove to my shared house with joshua. i then took her to the guest room.

"who are you? what are you doing to me?" she asked.

"sooae.."

"don't do this. let me drink."

"why are you doing this?" i asked.

"wonwoo.. i miss him. today's the 1st anniversary of his death." she cried.

"shh, don't cry." i said and pulled her into a hug before i slowly patted her back to comfort her. when i looked at her once again, she was already sleeping, so, i layed her at the bed.

"i know you won't accept me back, and i'm sorry for doing this without your permission. let me take care of you, my love." i said as i patted her head before i lean closer and pecked on her lips.