chapter forty seven

sooae's pov

"where is he? it has passed 1 hour than the actual time that he promised." i said to myself while looking at the sea wave.

then, i noticed that my phone was in a silent mode. i looked at it and saw a notification from wonwoo.

sunshine 💗: voice message

you: hey, what are you talking about? this is not funny, jeon wonwoo. come here fast, before i turn into a monster.

but, he was offline. i tried to call him, but, no one answered. is he okay? did something happened? when i was busy with my negative thoughts, someone spoke to me from behind.

"sooae, you are here." i turned around just to see mingyu.

"mingyu? what are you doing here?"

"wonwoo.. he.."

"what happened to him, mingyu?"

"i'll tell you later, for now, just follow me." he said as he dragged me towards his car. the drive was so silent. no one dared to talk. i was so scared and worried while mingyu is trying to calm his mind and focus with the driving.

what exactly has happened to you, wonwoo?

after a while, without me noticing, the car stopped. mingyu went out and opened the door for me too.

"is this.. hospital?" i asked. i'm afraid. i'm scared. i'm nervous. i can sense something that i won't like to know is happening.

mingyu just nodded and we entered the hospital building. after that, mingyu asked me to get inside one of the patient rooms there.

with a heavy heart, i walked inside. i looked at the bed, there was wonwoo, looking so pale. i fastly went closer to him and sat next to him.

"wonwoo.." i tried my best not to cry.

"what happened to you, sunshine?" i asked.

"sooae." his voice were too weak, but i still manage to hear his sentence clearly. his hand travels to find mine.

"i'm sorry i can't fulfill my promise for you, i'm sorry for leaving you, twice."

"wonwoo, stop. what are you talking about? what exactly happened?"

"don't cry, sooae. please, don't cry."

"but, wonwoo.. our graduation is in just a month.."

no response. i looked up to him again, and, i can only hear the 'teet' sound coming from the machine next to him and i cried all of my heart out, before the doctor came and asked me to go out.

outside, i felt lifeless. i hate everything. then, i saw vernon.

"sooae, what happened-" i slapped his cheek hard.

"now you feel happy? jerk, i hate you."

"what are you talking about, sooae?" he said, with his hand still on his cheek.

"i know everything vernon. you lied to me. i hate you."

"sooae." he held my hands but i harshly pulled away.

"go away, don't ever talk to me anymore. i hate you. we're no longer friends." i said to him and mingyu came and told me that wonwoo's father is already here.

and at that time, he was announced death. i hate everything that happened, i lost him. i've lost everything, but the doctor said that he died because of a poisonous gas.

i cried again hearing that. who would be that person who hates him so much till they done this?

*****