The Crooked Path

"There. This should keep the customers away. Closed for renovations." Said Zane.

"More like fortifications. If Moro and his ghouls show up here looking to steal the Sword of Sanctuary, they won't know what hit them." Smirked Kai as he put a water bucket above the door for if it's moved, it will spill on one of the ghosts.

Cole soon appeared making me gasp but he quickly dodged the bucket, "Careful, you know, not all of us are immune to water! And I for one would like to stick around long enough for Misako and Sensei to figure out the last clue."

"We got Cyclondo, we got the sword, now they just have to figure out where the tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master is." Said Jay trying to cover the ring of water they out in front of the shop.

"Let's hope they figure it out soon. I don't know how long we'll be able to hold out." Said Kai.

"LET 'EM HAVE IT!" Yelled Kai after we heard the early detection system.

"*sigh* No wonder you're going out of business..." sighed the mailman drenched as he gave Kai the letter.

"No! Y-you're going out of business! Who sends letters anymore?" Yelled back Jay.

I soon laughed as I soon turned back to Nya, "Come on, Nya. You can do it. Reverse the flow. ...ARGH!"

"Giving up already?" Asked Ronin.

"Course not. Sensei thinks if I get over my fear of failure, I'll be able to control the water. Sure, I made it rain when I wasn't even paying attention, but here I can't seem to stop a single drop." Groaned Nya as she soon tried to stop another drop but failed.

"Nya, it takes patience. Oh who am I kidding, I'm sure you've heard that from my uncle." I said stopping myself.

"Wanna know about failure, should've asked me. I made a career out of it. Word of advice, don't try so hard. You can't fail if you don't care." Advised Ronin.

"So know you're trying to help out? Hm." I said as I only looked at him as he refilled his bucket to continue cleaning his ship.

"Don't try?! What sort of backwards advice is that?! Of course, I'm gonna try hard, that's how one excels—" Nya was cut off.

"Speaking of backwards..." said Ronin as I silently gasped when I saw the water flowing backwards.

"Ah! I did it! I did it!" She yelled happily as I hugged her from behind, "Yeah! That's Nya alright!"

"Like I said, dont care so much. Usually when someone wants something too badly, they'll trip over their own feet." Said Ronin as we went to clean Rex.

~~~

I soon told to Nya that I'll stay with her, "So? Want to break his plan?~" I asked as she nodded.

"Hehe! Heck yeah! Let's go, girl!" She said as we went to where the Sword of Sanctuary is.

"Alright. When I give you the signal, which is a whistle, I'll tell you to come in here to fight with me if he gets a bit too hard to get. If we end to have to chase further, warn the others." I said made a plan as she nodded.

"Right, wow. You sound like a leader like your brother, no wonder you were such a good sensei. You're stern, but also very soft and sweet." Praised Nya as I smiled.

"That's what my father taught me. Alright, let's get this plan on the go!" I said as she nodded and hid somewhere while I quickly went to the the shack where the sword is held.

I soon saw Ronin enter the shack, "Ah. Huh?"

"Something about what you said to Nya stuck with me." I said as I innocently smiled towards him as I was on top of a shelf and pointed the blade towards him.