Speical: "The life of Grandparents"

Heyo! This was a request from @Fandomfan01 !

This will be basically about how Lou and Garmadon are with you and Cole's kids!

(3rd person for POV!)

________________________________

The kids age: Adam= 12, Emma= 9 (I'll be making you and Cole be in your late thirties for this one!)

It was the day before the kids were to reunite with their grandfather after at least a year since you moved cities to settle down. It was also hard to meet up since Ninjago wasn't exactly at peace even after your marriage.

So it was surely a relief to find some time for the kids to see their grandfather.

"Should we tell them now or tomorrow morning? I vote for tomorrow." Asked Cole, holding his chin, checking the calendar for what seemed like it was the 10th time already.

You, making his night drink, softly hit his shoulder.

"Adam especially will hold against you, love. It's better to tell them before they sleep. Plus, we got an hour to do so." You spoke, pouring a mug for yourself before handing a mug to your husband who smiled at you.

"I guess you're right. But when he announced me to bring the kids was so sudden. It's been ages since I last saw him since you know, Ninja duties, having kids, taking care of my beautiful wife. It's a lot for me, also there's Jay and the others forcing me to hang out with them sometimes. The usual." Sighed Cole, remembering the late night call from last week.

*Flashback to last week*

The Brookstones were soundly sleeping in their rooms. Cole and his wife were peacefully sleeping. Before a sound started to ring out in the quiet room.

It didn't occur to you both until it got louder, and louder...and louder...!

It made Cole stir while you only groaned in annoyance, "Ugh...I got it..." grunted Cole getting his arm to reach the nightstand to the phone.

"Hello...?" Cole pressed the accept call button.

"Son!! It's been a long time! How are you?" The cheery voice of his father rung out from the device making Cole process, before sitting upright, phone still in hand.

"Dad?!" Slightly yelled the raven haired man before realizing its super early in the morning.

"Dad...? Is that you...?" Asked Cole to his father in the other line, "Of course it is! Who else would be calling you?!"

"Um...my friends if there's trouble in the streets to keep Ninjago safe as usual and never get enough credit for it?" Sassed the Master of Earth.

"Haha! Always the sassy one! Just like your mother. I have some news to tell you!" Chuckled the older male.

"What is it? Are you in danger?! Want me to come over? I can tell Angel to wait with the kids if you only want me-" Cole asked if he was alright since it's kinda bad if someone calls you so early.

"No, no! I'm fine! I just want to tell you I'd like for you and your family to stop by at my house! And maybe stay for a few days!" Revealed Lou as Cole's brain froze.

"Huh...?!" Of course, that's the reaction you'd get for something like this.

"I know, I know it's a bit early to tell you. But I'm not that busy next week, and I'd like to really see how Adam and Emma have grown during the past year! I'd like to see my daughter-in-law and son as well!" You could hear the smile of the man.