Booby Traps and How to Survive Them

We soon arrived to the pyramid as I went out to grab a water bottle to relive myself from the heat.

"You're assistance would be very helpful." Said Zane to Clutch Powers who was laying on a chair and drank a smoothie.

"Nope. No way. Nein danke." He said as I soon arrived and went to Cole's side.

"But nobody knows what's inside. There could be valuable historical relics." Started Lloyd.

"Treasures!" Kai lightly hit Jay so he could chime in too.

"Gold and diamonds!" Added Jay as the archeologist just continued sipping its drink shrugging at them.

"You are the foremost expert on ancient structures, and your book, Boobytraps and how to Survive Them, is considered a seminal work." Continued Zane still trying to convince the man.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he's a fraud." I mumbled.

"Flattering. But still no." Stated the professor to Zane.

Nya surely was giving him the mean and annoyed eye right about now, "Professor, isn't there anything we can do to convince you?"

But she was soon interrupted by a male with glasses who seems to be Clutch's assistant.

"Professor Powers, there's a call for you!" He said reaching out from his pocket to take out a phone and trying to give it to the professor.

"Now, Dwayne, I told you I don't want to be disturbed." He sighed.

"But it's the Explorers Club!" He protested as Clutch threw his smoothie out the window of the tent and grabbed the phone.

"WHAT?! Give me that." He yelled before clearing his throat, "This is Professor Powers."

We heard some chattering as Clutch's face soon turned into shock once again, "What? This is an outrage! I demand an explanation!" He yelled.

More chattering was heard, "I just discovered a pyramid!"

"I'm afraid I can't count that." We heard from the phone as Clutch angrily turned around from us.

We only gave each other some confused looks as we watched on.

"Sir? Are you there?" Asked the Founder of the Explorers Club.

"Yes, yes, I'm here. Don't cancel anything. I'll get back to you." He said before hanging up and threw the phone away who knows where.

He soon sighed before looking at us, "Well, guys, looks like you're in luck! Clutch Powers is open for business." He said making the team happy as he and Lloyd soon went to give each other a handshake.

~~~

The gateway to the entrance of the pyramid was soon opened as Clutch was first to get inside.

We soon followed him as Kai and Zane were farther away from us and almost ran into Clutch who turned around to face us.

I blocked a part of my face so I won't be blinded by the flashlight he held in his hand.

"Now, before we take another step, I hope each of you has read my book. Especially you, miss Guardian~ It could save your life." Stated the man as he winked at me making me laugh since when he did that it made me think how weird and stupid his eyes looked since he had an eyepatch.

I myself haven't read it but Zane gave me some highlights of it when he was reading it.

"Of course." Smiled Zane.