Ancient History

After a while we finally got through the barricade Ashpeera made so we couldn't catch up to her.

"Sis? What do you sense?" Asked my brother as I closed my eyes.

I saw her heading down the street me point to where she is while slowly opening my eyes.

"Over there! Let's go! Come on, team!" I shouted as we started making our way out of the building.

I soon pointed to huge fire serpent heading downtown.

"We gotta stop that thing." Stated Lloyd about to go stop Ashpeera but Zane stopped him.

"Wait, Lloyd. Ashpeera has beaten us twice, and with the scroll, she is more powerful than ever." Informed Zane.

"We can't just give up." Retorted my brother.

"I am not proposing that. But Master Wu taught us to think before rushing into battle. We need to know more about her and this Deceiver. Perhaps then, we will find a way to defeat her." Informed Zane more.

"You're talking ancient Serpentine history." Said Kai.

"Yeah, who do you plan to ask?" Agreed Cole.

"What about Scales? Well, he's Serpentine. Maybe he knows." Suggested Jay.

"The Serpentine don't usually get involved." Added Nya.

"Only one way to find out." Answered Cole ready to take action.

Lloyd gave me a look as I nodded, "Okay, Jay, Cole and Kai, you guys track down Scales. Find out what you can." Ordered Lloyd.

"Well, what are you gonna do?" Asked Kai.

"We're gonna see if we can slow Ashpeera down and get that scroll back. Come on!" He said as he moved.

"See you soon, Angel!" Waved Cole making me nod, "Stay safe, hun!"

~~~

We were heading to where Ashpeera was as there was a lot of commotion going around.

"They must be headed for the south side of the city." Answered Zane.

"But why? There's nothing there." Asked Nya as we jumped over a car and continued our pursuit.

"We must assume the Deceiver is there." Informed Zane.

"Z? Can you make a shortcut? You can do it faster than my ability." I stated as we continued running.

"Cross-referencing alternate routes. I have plotted the fastest route. This way." Stated Zane as we soon made a sharp turn.

We got near on some of the main roads and bridges of the city.

"Jump!" Yelled Zane to us as we slid down the bridge and soon jumped on the incoming bus.

"There she is." Pointed our Lloyd as was saw Ashpeera's large fire serpent firing fire balls.

"Now!" Yelled Zane as we landed on the next street.

"So what's the plan?" Asked Nya.

"I have no idea." Truthfully told Zane.

"But Ashpeera's over there!" Protested Nya while we watched Zane use a car as a jumping pad and head off to somewhere.

"You two distract her while I try to get that scroll back." Stated Lloyd as we nodded and out our hoods on.

Me and Nya ran across the streets to meet some friends.

"Hiya, fellas." Greeted Nya, "Any chance we girls could join in?" I added as we took some of them down.