Kryptarium Prison Blues

"Okay guys, I know things look grim, but don't worry, the ol' Brown Ninja's got your back! I've been doing tons of research." Revealed Darreth as he brought out a ton of files.

"Great. What's the plan?" Asked Lloyd.

"We have to file for something called a, a...Aha! A mistrial!" He smiled finding the right file.

I only blinked and facepalmed in disappointment...

"We have grounds for a mistrial? What are they?" Questioned Zane.

"The very real grounds that we don't like, the judge's verdict!" Said happily the man trying to save us as we only groaned.

"I regret to inform you that is not grounds for a mistrial." Stated Zane.

"Huh? It isn't?" Questioned Darreth in now confusion looking over at Skylor who came along.

"No." I specified.

"Sorry to pile on the bad news, but something else happened. That King you busted in Shintaro?" Started Skylor.

"Vangelis?" Asked Jay.

"The Skull Sorcerer?" Clarified Cole next to him.

Skylor took a look around before giving her reply, "Yeah. Last night someone, or something, sprang him from prison. He disappeared."

"How dare he when his only daughter has to take over and worry over other things." I muttered in anger.

"The Crystal King." Stated Lloyd.

"Who?" Skylor was still not on board the train of the whole vengestone shipment thing.

"Some weirdo in a kabuki mask visited Lloyd yesterday, spouting a bunch of villain jabber." Explained Kai.

"He said someone called the 'Crystal King' is assembling our enemies against us." Added in my brother.

"To do what?" Urged Skylor.

"That's what we need to find out, Sky. Darreth, you gotta get us out of here so we can investigate this whole bit." I told her before facing the Brown Ninja.

"I understand! You're relying on me, and I won't let you down! That's a promise! I have one last strategy that just might work." He told us before an officer appeared.

"Time's up, Ninja." Said the security guard.

"Don't worry! Trust me! It's a tried and true tactic that has worked in similar situations." Smiled Darreth as we were being escorted out from the room to our cell.

"Go talk to her, K.S." I pushed him behind as Jay joined in, "Yeah, this is about your sister." Smiled the Lightning Ninja.

"Thanks guys. I'll give you intel later." Smiled Kai as we nodded and told him we're gonna cover for him.

"How is she, Skylor?" Asked Kai to the Master of Amber.

"Physically, fine, but she doesn't have her powers. And the judge won't give her permission to visit. Which is tough, because, well..." started Skylor.

"And...?" Urged softly Kai.

"She blames herself for all of you being here. And she feels powerless to do anything about it." Finished the master of replication.

Kai sighed but knew the outcome of his sister coming back to normal would take a large toll on her but still got worried.

"It's fine. I know my sister well. One thing about Nya, whenever she gets knocked down, she always gets back up." Smiled Kai before Skylor gave him a pat on back for comfort as Jay went to fetch the Fire Ninja to head to our cell.