Five Thousand Fathoms Down

"Try again!" Said Nya to Pixal.

"Still nothing." Responded Pixal through the coms.

"I'll go see if Nya needs some extra hands." I told Pixal she nodded.

I found the boys in the hallway on where the battery is.

"What in Ninjago...?" I muttered in disbelief seeing what I'm seeing at the moment.

The males soon shyly smiled towards me as Lloyd was drenched in water, trying to cover up his mistake. Jay tried to hide the fact that Zane had a plunger on his face but miserably failed.

"Hey elder sister! It's nice seeing you around these parts of the vessel, hehe...!" Spike Lloyd trying to cover up for the others.

"Hi, bestie! Did you speak with Cole yet, haha...?" Waved Jay nervously while I only held a bored look.

"Greetings, Sensei. Have you finished preparations for the wedding?" Spoke Zane last as they all held some 'convincing' smiles.

"You three are trying to throw me off with Cole and our wedding so I won't be angry. That's not working, boys." I stated making them deflate.

"We—" I cut my brother off, "You guys eavesdropped on Nya and Maya's conversation without their consent and now you feel guilty since Nya is now feeling even more worse than usual. I know, I caught some of the conversation while her coms were still on."

They all only nodded to my guess as I sighed, "Look. I know you didn't want to eavesdrop and only wanted look out for Nya, but the way you're doing it with an independent woman is a bit off. Nya is a bit closed off when it comes to these types of things, she wants to work things out on her own before asking for help. Maybe giving her space is the 'look out' she'll need."

I gave my brother a towel while getting the plunger off of Zane's face and gave Jay a stern look about his previous actions.

"We understand, (Y/N). Perhaps maybe you can talk to her about her mother." Suggested Zane as he steadied his head after the pull of the suction of the plunger.

"Yeah! Zane's right! As usual...Since you're the mother-figure of the group, maybe talking girl to girl will help!" Nodded Jay eagerly.

"I agree. You have talked with us when we were in such dilemmas." Agreed Lloyd with a smile as I nodded.

"Sure. And it's woman to woman, JJ. But, this is between Nya and her mother. I will not get in between family problems that much. I'll be going now. Oh! And Lloyd? Please make sure to warm yourself up after drying yourself, I don't want you to get a cold." I agreed to the suggestion before speaking to Lloyd about not getting him sick.

"I know, (N/N). I'll be fine!" Smiled Lloyd before I went to talk to Nya.

"Hey, Nya? Can we talk?" I spoke softly making Pixal nod and move away so we'd have some privacy.

"Hm? Yeah, sure. But if it's about my mother, I'm leaving." She warned as I nodded.

"Well...That's the problem..." I said.

"Alright, talk done, I'm leaving." She stated trying to leave.

"The battery's shot as you can't fix it, your mother is still out there trying to hang out with you, and the boys will probably only make your mood worse. And Pixal is too busy dealing with our power problem." I listed the things she was going to do and the people she'll end up meeting.

She abruptly stopped and sighed, "Fine. But what's there to talk about?"

"Maybe about the reason that you're closing off your mother who's trying to establish a good relationship between a child and parent?" I replied.