Chapter 2

Adelina Celine Torres

"Good morning Mama" I smile as Mama walks into the kitchen.

A week has passed since I got kicked out, and since I met that extremely attractive man.Since then, I have managed to keep my grades up enough to sleep in the house.

"What is this?" Mama asks, sitting down at the kitchen island.

"I made breakfast" I smile to her. She gives me a look, "I know you fucking made breakfast I asked what it is." She snaps.

I flinch back at her words, but keep my composure. "It's an omelet with bacon on the side, and I made a strawberry banana smoothie". She doesn't say a word, she just starts eating. "I have to go to class, but I hope you like the food" I smile.

"Tonight your father has a very important business dinner, look presentable." She tells me.

Ew.

Papa's business dinners mean sitting in an uncomfortable dress with my lovely family and a bunch of strange men all talking about finance.

I wave Mama goodbye before getting in my car and driving to school.

Since it's Thursday, I only have one class. I absolutely love my outfit today. I'm wearing my favorite blue skirt with a white sweater. Walking into the big lecture hall, I am extremely early-as always- so the room is empty besides me and my teacher.

My professor, Mr Edwards, is at the front of the room sorting through papers. He looks up when I walk in, "Ah Lina!" He smiles.

"Hi sir" I smile back, walking over to where I usually sit. I have the perfect seat, towards the front but not the very front, and right by the aisle.

"Lina darling can you do me a favor?" Mr Edwards asks. "Of course!" I reply.

He signals for me to come over to his desk, so I do. "I seem to have dropped my pen under the desk, and I can't reach it. Could you try for me darling?"

I look under the desk and sure enough there is a pen just out of reach. "I can try but I don't know if I can reach it" I warn him.

I get on my knees and reach forward, barely able to reach the pen with the tips of my fingers. 

I lean back onto my knees, "here you go" I smile to my professor, standing up and dusting myself off.

Mr. Edwards was staring at me with a weird look in his eyes that I've never seen before. Other students start to fill into the room, "I should get back to my seat" I smile to him.

"Of course, thank you for your help darling" he smiles at me, although the smile doesn't make me feel warm or happy, but uncomfortable.

That's silly, my professor would never try to make me feel uncomfortable. I'm being dramatic.

After class, I hurry out of the room, feeling terribly guilty as I do so. Mr Edwards is a very sweet man. He's also in his fourties'.  So I decide that I will just forget about my silly feelings, and treat Mr. Edwards with kindness.

When I get home, the first thing I see is Avery spinning for Mama and Papa while wearing a sparkly pink dress. It dips extremely low down her chest, and has a high slit up her leg.

Mama claps, "Gorgeous baby! Awh I love having a daughter I can dress up!" She hugs Avery.

Papa smiles at my sister, "He will love it"

"Who will love it?" I ask, my curiosity getting the best of me.

Their heads all snap my direction. "Nobody you would know" Avery gives me a fake smile.