Chapter 71

Aaron Hendrix

"You fucking fat ass get off of me" I hiss when I wake up and realize Owen is fucking laying on top of me.

He just huffs and has the audacity to turn and nestle into me.

That's it.

I get up, sending him to the floor, and look around the room to try and figure out what happened the night before. I remember being stressed out about Addie, then drinking a shit ton of beer.

"What the hell man!" Owen sits up on the floor and rubs his head, his dirty blonde hair in a rats nest.

"Don't try and cuddle me, then. Gay ass motherfu-

"Nuh uh- you can't say that. It's 2023 you are going to get cancelled." He points at me, then puts his hand on his chest, "It really hurt my feelings."

I roll my eyes, "Again, don't fucking cuddle me then."

He frowns and gets to his feet, "Well, happy wedding day to a very grumpy groom." He says, dusting himself off and sighing.

"Why did we even share a bed?" I ask him.

"You wouldn't stop whining about how Adelina is being weird and saying you can't sleep alone, so you begged me to come stay in here."

Did I really?

"Fuck" I mutter when I remember why I had been so upset last night.

Something is wrong with Addie, and I have no fucking idea what it could be apart from that she doesn't want to marry me.

When I saw her the day I flew in from Athens she could barely look me in the eye and her knee was bouncing like crazy the entire drive. We spent that day at the beach with my family, and even then I barely got time with her since everyone was there.

I just assumed it was nerves about the wedding and that it would fade, but last night before I left her I could see the same look in her eyes- doubt.

Fuck.

"What even happened with Lina?" Owen asks and I just shake my head. I am not in the mood to talk to him about this.

"Oh come on, I'm friends with her too. I can help."

I stare at him for a little bit, then decide what the hell.

"Something is wrong with her and I don't know what." I say, unable to look at Owen. I've never been one to discuss my relationships or feelings with people, and I do not need him to be making sympathetic faces at my issues.

Instead, he laughs.

Why the fuck is he laughing?

"Woah, relax" He says when I turn to him, about to rip his damn face off for thinking this is some kind of a joke.

"You made me think something was actually wrong." He says, "This is easy."

"Easy?" I question.

He nods, "I mean how bad could her issue be? She obviously wants to marry you and it's not like she cheated or anything. What else is there besides cold feet?"

"Cold feet." I repeat his words, my heart aching at the thought. Cold feet meaning doubts about marrying me.

"Yes, you can stop repeating what I say now. Stop stressing you will be fine. Talk to her before the wedding if you're that upset. I think it's a dumb thing to worry over, especially on the day that's supposed to be the best of your life right?" He tells me.