Chapter 54

Aaron Hendrix

"Why don't you invite Lina over?" Owen asks me. Me and him are in one of our game rooms just drinking and playing pool.

"I don't have my fucking phone," I say to him, already annoyed enough that it's gone. When I let those asshole beat me up it must've fallen out of my pocket or some shit.

"Ah, does she know this?" Owen asks. I shrug, "I forgot to mention it." I say, "I am getting a new one tomorrow morning."

"Back right corner," I say, hitting the white ball and watching as it hits the eight ball perfectly into the pocket I called.

"You're no fun to play this with." Owen grumbles, having lost three games in a row. "Play Tony if you want a win." I joke, since Tony sucks.

The doorbell rings, and Owen and I both make eye contact, simultaneously wondering who could be at our door.

Maybe it's Addie.

With that thought, I leave Owen and go upstairs, since our game room is in a sort of basement, and open the door.

Not Addie.

Instead, my phone sits on the doormat at me feet.

I bend down to pick it up, looking at it to see nothing obviously wrong with it.

What the hell?

I walk inside with it and show it to Owen, who is now eating leftover pasta. He tries to talk and says something along the lines of "your phone?" but it's so muffled I can't even tell.

"It was just on the doorstep." I tell him, unlocking it.

Then my blood runs cold when it opens to may texts with Addie, texts that I never saw nor sent to her.

Addie: We will be at a club called Amnesia. Don't even worry no drinking for me. I love you!

Fucking hell.

Then a new text comes in.

A photo.

"What's up? You look like you just saw a ghost," Owen says, looking over my shoulder to see the photo of Adelina asleep in some room that isn't hers.

———

Adelina Celine Torres

When I wake up, I am in an unfamiliar bedroom.

Memories of last night flood into my mind and I start to panic at where I am.

Someone came and forced me out of the club, then I remember them sticking something over my nose then everything went black.

Now I am here.

Seemingly unharmed, but here.

I am still in my skirt and shirt, my braid still in my hair and my shoes still on.

I remember my phone being in my waistband, but am disappointed when I try to feel for it and find that it's gone.

In the bedroom, there's nothing but a bed with no pillows or blankets, and a door across from it.

I get off the old creaky mattress and nearly collapse when I get to my feet, dizziness washing over me.

What the heck happened?

I regain my composure and walk over to the door, debating wether or not I should try to open it.

After a few minutes of me just staring at the wooden door, I reach for the handle and it clicks open.