Chapter 40

Aaron Hendrix

"Stop being a grump just cause you haven't seen Lina in the past week." Owen says when I make him change the TV channel from some God awful cartoons he had on.

"That show was shit." I say back.

"South Park is legendary." Mike sides with him.

"Fuck you both."

"Oh gosh he is grumpy." Mike says.

"Well you can have control over the TV because I have to go " Owen says, standing up, his gaze lingers on Mike for a second too long. Mike gets up too, "And I have to go patch up Tony who was a dumbass and just texted he sliced his finger open cutting vegetables."

Of course he did.

Ten minutes later, I am alone and I fucking miss Addie.

I text her twice, but it's eleven PM and I bet she's asleep already. I think she mentioned having a sleepover with her friend, too.

A knock sounds out at my front door and I sit up, confused as to who could be here unannounced this late. Nobody who's a threat or my guards wouldn't have let them through.

When I open the door and see Nick Torres, I am extremely confused.

When he throws a punch at me, I am fucking pissed.

"What the hell?!" I say, shoving him away from me, I taste blood in my mouth from his punch.

"You stay the hell away from my sister." He yells at me, "And if you put a finger on her again I will fucking kill you."

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" I step towards him, his words sinking into my mind. He thinks I hit her?

"Don't play stupid. First she comes home with a black eye, then her entire stomach is black and blue? She made up some bullshit story when I confronted her but I know that was just to protect you." He looks at me with so much rage, I'd be scared if I wasn't me.

Black eye? Bruised stomach?

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but I have never hurt Adelina." I say, my anger growing at his accusations, "So before you come here and accuse me of shit, make sure you have your God damn facts right."

He steps back and blinks at me a few times, almost like he is completely baffled I didn't just admit to hitting her and let him beat me up.

"Where is she." I say.

"Like hell I'm telling you." He spits at me.

"I did not lay a finger on her. So while you're here yelling at me, the asshole who did is somewhere else."

And I have a pretty good fucking idea of who he is.

------

Adelina Celine Torres

I am shaken awake by a frantic Alyssa. Darn it I fell asleep during the movie!

"Alyssa what is wrong?" I ask when I notice how panicked she is. "Please don't be mad at me..." I sit up straight, "What did you do?"

"I may have told Nick I saw bruises on you and he ran off saying he was going to kill Aaron and I tried to tell him it wasn't him, but he didn't believe me and now he's gone."

Oh. My. Gosh.

I spring off of the couch and literally run out the door, "When did he leave?!" I ask Alyssa as I go down the stairs.

"Ten minutes ago." She says.

"Why the heck did you wait to wake me up?!"

"I was sacred you'd yell at me..."