Chapter 50

Adelina Celine Torres

When Ron's office door opens, I immediately sit up from the couch and get excited that he's done with work.

When it's not Ron, but the woman from earlier, I am extremely disappointed.

Stop. Be nice.

"Hi" I smile to her, standing up.

She has a look of disgust on her face as she looks me up and down, "Where is Aaron?"

It's Mr. Hendrix to you bi— no.

"Busy." Is all I say, "I can tell him you looked for him?" I offer.

"No thanks. I will find him myself." She turns to leave then stops herself, turning back to me.

"You know I was really surprised when I realized you were his girlfriend."

"I'm sorry?" I ask, confused. "I had just assumed he was with some model or someone successful. But no, just a simple girl." She steps towards me and is a lot taller than me both naturally and with her heels on.

She unzips the top of her jacket to reveal a very low cut top that her chest is very sticking out of, "Ronny always loved my boobs, too bad now he's with someone with none. I mean, maybe all the extra fat in your body just sunk to your stomach, but I'm not a doctor or anything." She smirks at me, turning and leaving.

Ok.

What does she mean he always? And now he's with me?

Her words are mean, but nothing really I haven't heard from Avery before. I'm more confused as to why she feels the need to come at me. I didn't even do anything to her.

Even though I am fairly secure in my body, I can't help but lift my shirt up and inspect my stomach. Skinny, but not skinny.

I try to shake off her words, sitting back on the couch and trying to nap for the next thirty minutes. When I wake up and Ron still isn't back, I get a little anxious not gonna lie.

And I have to pee.

I scribble a quick note to Ron saying I am in the bathroom, then stick it to his desk in case he comes back while I'm gone.

I'm pretty confident I know my way to the restroom, since I saw it on the way in. I wander out into the hallway and find it in no time, proud of myself for not getting lost.

Master direction-er.

After I pee, I wash my hands—of course— then start walking back to Ron's office. When I walk in, I am surprised when the same woman is in here with Ron, her jacket very pulled down and her chest very out.

And for one...two seconds too long before they realize I am here, Ron's gaze is somewhere that makes my heart sink.

I am never letting him see my chest.

"Well, I will give these papers to Sam," the woman says, and Ron's attention snaps to me.

"Enjoy your day off." She says, leaving me and Aaron alone.

"You ready?" He asks me.

I take a second before shaking my head slightly, "I'm actually not feeling too well." I say.

"Oh" he says, "Do you want Mike to look at you?"

I shake my head, "I think I just need to go home." I give him a small smile, which is the best I can muster.

"Adelina" he says to me, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Aaron. I'm just not feeling good okay?" I say a little to harshly, and I feel awful when I see him recoil at my words.