Chapter 26

Adelina Celine Torres

Looking up at Aaron, I can't believe what he is telling me. I mean I do believe it, but it is all so overwhelming.

My father knew I was with Aaron a lot, and tried to set him up with my sister to get him away from me? 

My head feels like it is spinning at the revelation, although I'm unsure why. Papa has always been like this, yet each time he does things I am just as shocked. You'd think I would get used to how he is by now. 

Then I keep thinking...Aaron went on dates with Avery. Granted it was a part of my fathers deal but still, he didn't tell me about it!

"Were you going to tell me?" I ask, completely forgetting he asked me to be his girlfriend about fifteen seconds ago.

Oops.

Ronny looks at me, his expression unmoved from me ignoring his question, "Come." Is all he says, opening up my window and starting to climb down the side of my freaking house. I look out the window to see him already on the ground.

What is he some kind of ninja?

"Ronny this is crazy. Are you forgetting how uncoordinated I am?" I yell down to him. "I will catch you." he says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Okay I guess we are doing this.

I climb out from my window and slowly make my way down the side of my house, using any ledges in the brick to put my feet on, and holding on to a pipe for dear life.

Ronny just watches me patiently, spazzing below me when my foot slips occasionally or I look like I am about to fall.

This dude.

When I hop onto the grass, I am out of breath. "Dude what the heck!" I say, trying to catch my breath from my monthly exercise.

He starts walking towards my driveway and I follow, extremely confused on what is happening. Papa would kill me if he knew I snuck out. He gets into his car and motions for me to do the same. I do. "What is happening?" I ask when he starts to drive. No response.

Great, now I am being kidnapped.

"Ronald I swear if you don't tell me where we are going I will mess you up." I threaten, although I highly doubt I could mess him up.

He gives off the vibes he would be too scared to hit a woman, though, so I could totally take advantage of that.

We drive for ten minutes in silence until we are in the downtown area. He parks and gets out, so I follow after him as he walks.

"This is where I was going to tell you." he says as he reaches a small bench away from the downtown crowds, barely lit up by a street light.

A bench?

When I realize this is where we met, I look to Ronny and make an 'awww' sound, to which he frowns, "I was going to drop Allison off, call you to meet here, and give you some long ass speech on how from the second I saw you sitting on this bench I thought you were the most beautiful woman I have ever seen."

He turns me to face him, his hand on my waist. "It's Avery...not Allison." I correct him. "And if I remember correctly you told me to 'F off'." I say.

"Yeah I did. Only because I knew you were Steven's daughter and I just assumed you'd be a bitch. Sorry." he says.

I almost laugh at his attempt to be romantic, since he looks so flustered talking.

It's adorable.

"I was going to tell you." He says, looking into my eyes, "And I'm sorry I kept it from you."