Chapter 67

Adelina Celine Torres

"Stop it." Aaron says to me, his voice serious and almost annoyed.

"Stop what?" I say defensively, since I literally didn't do anything besides stare at him as he sleeps—or lays with his eyes closed because apparently he's been awake this whole time.

"Looking at me like I'm a fucking child."

I frown at his words, "I'm not, Aaron, I'm just...looking at you. Stop being sassy." I grow irritated. He was so irrational yesterday, then he apologizes before bed just to be snappy again? I don't think so.

He huffs and closes his eyes to sleep again. I stare again. Beautiful specimen.

He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. No natural frown on his face—just him so vulnerable and cute.

I feel awful that he spent all of yesterday doing who knows what to try and get through the anniversary of his moms death, but he chose to go through that without me. I could have been there for him, but he didn't want me to be.

I think a part of it is not wanting to come off as weak or anything, but how could he think I would think that? He is the strongest person I know.

Getting out of bed, I quickly go to the restroom before going out to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

"What the heck are you doing here!" I hiss when I see Owen sitting in our kitchen like he owns the place.

"Lovely seeing you, too." He says, "Sit down princess." He tells me.

I scowl at him, but listen. "How did you even get in here?" I question.

He shrugs, "Let's not focus on that." I frown at this answer, "This weekend there is a very important event that your lovely fiancé is trying to skip." He says.

"Are you using me to get Ronny to do something?"

He nods shamelessly, "He won't listen to me."

I sigh, "Well right now he's not going to listen to me either." I rest my head on my hands. "Trouble in paradise?" Owen asks.

I shrug, "Not really, honestly I don't know."

Owen makes a face, "He's probably just sexually frustrated."

This catches me off guard, "How the heck did you come to that conclusion?" I say, a little offended.

"Little miss virgin over here is making him wait and he's losing his mind."

"I do not think that is what this is about...and how do you even know that?"

"I know everything."

"How—That's not why he's upset with me. I don't even know why exactly. I just feel like he doesn't fully trust me with everything."

"Like...."

"Like yesterday."

Realization washes over Owen's face, "Oh."

"I know what happened with his mother, but it's the fact that he couldn't talk to me about it and chose to literally run away from me."

"Lina," Owen takes a breath, "Some things Aaron is not going to be sweet and open to you about." He tells me. "Things like that—he would rather be alone for."

I understand what he's saying, and even if I wish Aaron would let me help him in things, I need to let him be on his own if he chooses.

I can't change who he is, and who he is is a proud man who doesn't want me to worry about him.