Chapter 60

Adelina Celine Torres

"Check it." I pose in front of Aaron, who is standing next to Owen, Mike, Nick, and Phoebe. I am in my black graduation gown with my red sash thingy draped around my neck, and I have my official diploma in my hand.

Ron gives me a big hug, telling me how proud he is of me.

The past few months I had put in all of my work to graduate a year early, and I did it. No more school for me. No more late nights crying and stressing over classes.

Woop.

It was hard, but with no pressure from Papa or Mama anymore, I found myself learning the material with the intention of being a good doctor one day, not just to ace the classes.

I had moved in with Nick at the end of January, not wanting to stay with Papa any longer. And, after he somehow found out Papa was the one to hurt me, I didn't really have a choice but to move out of home.

I was a little sad, y'know, since it's my childhood home and all, but I was ready for something new. And I missed Nick, so being with him was a bonus. He has a huge apartment, so I haven't been too much of a burden, and I spend a lot of nights at Aarons so he gets some privacy as well.

Ronny wanted me to just move in with him, but I told him we can't just live together like that. It's not that I don't think I would enjoy living with him, but I feel like it's such a big step that you can't do so casually.

Even though I basically do live with him, spending the better half of every week at his place.

Phoebe spends a lot of time around Nick's as well, and I have gotten pretty close to her. I am so happy that my brother was able to find such a good girl for himself. She really is the sweetest person I've met.

I have been able to mostly forget about what happened with me and a guy I now know is Tread and Ron's father. I haven't brought up what Ron has been doing them, or if they're even still alive.

I know that Ron went and visited his father after he found out what had happened, and he was gone for the entire day, but besides that I have not asked or heard anything.

Suddenly I feel someone attack me from behind, and nearly fall to the ground. "There's my graduate," Alyssa giggles.

I hug her back, "I still can't believe you're gonna be gone next year!" She squeezes me tightly. "We will still hang out." I tell her. "We better," She responds, turning to everyone else and saying hi.

"As fun as this has been, we have a dinner reservation at seven." Owen chimes in, tapping his watch to signify that we are running late. Mike elbows him, "Stop being rude."

"He's right, we should get going." I say, Owen sticking his tongue out at Mike. "I have to go find Tess and Andrew, I will meet you there?" Alyssa tells me, running off to find her girlfriend and brother.

The rest of us make our way to the parking lot to drive to a very nice restaurant Owen got us in at, claiming he's a regular so he gets priority over all the 'fools using the place just for graduation.'

He's interesting.

I take off my gown when we arrive at the place, since I have on a black dress underneath. "You want to skip dinner?" Ron asks when I do so, his eyes trailing up and down my body. "No, Aaron. You can wait." I tease him, giving him a kiss on his cheek.

He looks very handsome, wearing black dress pants and a black button up shirt. He also smells insanely good, and I may have to steal his cologne.

We all go inside and get a table, Alyssa arriving just after us and joining us. This place is a very nice Mediterranean restaurant, and I am excited to devour dozens of things from the menu. I skipped lunch just to eat extra food now.