Chapter 46

Adelina Celene Torres

I am shaking as I step out of the cab. Flashing lights blind me as my family walks on the carpet and my palms are sweaty as guilt builds up on my conscience.

I know Ron will find out I am here since I am literally being paparazzi'd right now, so I am planning on telling him the second I leave tonight. I am also only planning on staying for thirty minutes, which is about how long it takes for Mama to be too drunk to notice me leaving and for Papa to be so engrossed in business that he won't care.

I am wearing a navy blue floor-length dress that hugs my body pretty tightly and shows a little too much cleavage, but Mama said I must wear it. I was too lazy to protest.

I feel so bad for breaking my promise to Ron.

He is never going to trust me again.

I should leave.

"Adelina!" A voice calls out to me. Phoebe. "Hi!" I say as she gives me a hug, "It has been too long." She smiles.

The three of us go to a big room where a bunch of people are eating, talking, even dancing. The space is enormous and the ceilings are so tall it is beautiful. We find a place to sit and start eating, and I manage to calm down a little bit.

This is not bad, I can do this. We are just sitting and talking and eating. Nothing bad is happening.

About thirty minutes pass and we finish eating. I can tell Papa has been watching me from across the room, so I don't want to leave quite yet. When he looks away I will slip out.

"I'm not feeling so well." Phoebe says suddenly, her hands holding her stomach, "Are you alright?" I ask, worried. She looks pale and like she is in pain. "I think so, I just need to lie down for a little."

"Of course, we can take you home." Nick says, standing up. I make eye contact with Papa from across the room, his threatening glare making me not move. "You two go, I will stay just for a little longer."

Nick gives me a look, "Lina--

"Nothing is happening, I will just stay until Papa gets distracted then leave."

He looks at me for a minute, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, now go take care of her. Feel better okay?" I smile to Phoebe, who gives me a weak one back, "Be safe." Nick gives me a short hug, then takes Phoebe's hand and they leave.

Once they leave my nerves skyrocket, and I wish I had just gone with them. I stay at my little table with our empty plates for a little while, until I make eye contact with Papa once more and he motions for me to come over to him.

I hesitantly obey, figuring if he gets what he wants now he will let me leave.

"Adelina, my friend would like to say hi to you. Once you do that, you can leave." He says, and relief washes over me. All I have to do is smile and have a two minute conversation, then I can go.

"I will take you to him." He says, walking away from me. I follow, getting a weird feeling about all of this.

Papa leads me out of the large pretty room and into a hallway. "Papa I would rather meet your friend in public..." I say, getting nervous. "Be quiet." He says harshly.

"In this room, be good." He shows me to a door, "Then I can leave?" I ask. He nods, then stands like he is waiting to make sure I go in. "Papa I am uncomfortable with this. Why can't we be in public?"

He doesn't respond, he just opens the door and stares at me, "Go." He says. "Now!" He yells and I jump at how loud he yells, and slowly go into the room, my body shaking. The door shuts behind me and I look up to see Aarons father and some woman I have never seen before sitting down at a small bar having drinks.

Nobody else is in the room, and I immediately try to leave when I recognize Ronny's dad, but the door is freaking locked.

"Leaving so soon?" He says to me. I am deathly still, wishing I had just listened to Ronny and stayed home. He is going to kill me.

"Don't be a stranger, princess, come sit." He motions towards a chair. The woman beside him looks me up at down, scoffing. "This is her?"

I look at the woman and immediately feel intimidated by her presence. She wears a short black dress that shows off her extremely small waist and curvy body, her chest is nearly spilling out the top, showing off just how perfect her body is. Her face matches her body perfectly, her full lips and insanely sharp jawline paired with piercing blue eyes and long eyelashes. She barely wears any makeup and is beautiful.

She walks over to me, standing a few inches over me and looking down at me. "Huh," She says, "Not what I was expecting."

What the heck is going on?

"Look, I don't know who you are or why you requested to see me, but I would like to leave so please just let me." I ask, probably being a little too optimistic with the request because Aaron's dad chuckles.

"Can you leave?" He laughs like it is the most hilarious thing in the world. He stands up and starts to walk towards me. I take a step back and my back hits the wall. He is extremely close to me and I want to cry.

Stop being a crybaby.

"I tried," He looks down at me, "I tried to be reasonable. Aaron wouldn't hear me out." He says just above a whisper.

I fold my arms over my chest, "Because you are an awful person, why would he want to work with you?" I say, anger starting to form inside of me at the thought of what this man did to my Ronny.

He looks amused at my anger, making me even more angry. "I like you," He smiles to me.

"Gianna, give us some privacy." He says to the woman, who nods and leaves after eyeing me pretty intensely.

What's her problem?

"You are very interesting." He leans closer to me and I feel repulsed, wanting to sink into the wall just to put space between us.

"Get away from me." I say, putting my arms up to try and shove him backwards. He doesn't move an inch, though, he just looks down at my hands on his chest and smirks.

I immediately pull them back, "Does my son know you're here?" He asks.

I freeze, and he laughs. "Perfect" he puts his hands on my waist, "I knew you wanted me."

I recoil at his words, "Excuse me?!" I say, disgusted at whatever he is insinuating. He just looks at me, "Hard to get huh?"

"Let me leave." I demand, trying to sound scary. "No I am not going to do that." He tells me.

"Then tell me what you want and back the heck up." I snap at him, me being terrified currently being on hold. Right now, I am mad.

"Calm down," he says in a low voice, "I want you princess." He lowers his head and leans into me, making me pull my head back so fast I slam it into the wall.

Ow.

"Why would I ever...stop touching me you jerk!" I swat his hand away when he tries to pull me closer to him. "You are my boyfriends father. And a complete a-hole!" I yell at him, Ronny's words on how he wouldn't hesitate to hurt me creep into my mind and I realize I probably shouldn't be calling him insults.

"Here is what is going to happen." He says, "You go and tell my son to reconsider my offer," he leans in and his lips are on my neck as I squirm and yell at him to get away from me.

He finally pulls away and I lift my hand to slap him across his face but he stops my hand before I can, gripping it very tightly. "Make him see it as a favor for me not taking you right now."

1400 words