Chapter 65

disclaimer: I know med school usually takes like forever, but for the sake of the story we are pretending it's the same amount as any other degree!

Adelina Celine Torres

"You knew?!" I exclaim to Alyssa and Phoebe, the three of us all in the backyard of my house. We have a small get together with all of our friends. Some people are swimming, some are eating, some are screaming at football on the TV.

Something about a pick 6? I don't know.

"You're welcome for getting your nails done before." Alyssa giggles.

It has been two days since Ron proposed, and I have never been happier. Life has just settled down and everything has fallen perfectly into place.

I sip my water as I watch Owen and Mike messing around with Molly and Lucy, playing some kind of monkey in the middle type thing.

"Are you happy to get married so young?" Phoebe asks me, no judgement in her voice just curiosity.

I shrug, "I mean I always figured I'd just get married when I find my person, and I did. No need to wait." I smile to her and she nods.

"I really love Nick..." she brings up, "But I wish he would just propose already." She sighs.

"He will he's just weird. He's not gonna do it when you expect." Alyssa tells her, which is true.

I excuse myself from the girls to go and get a hot dog, and find Aaron and Nick are drinking and talking as they watch football.

I make a mental note to bring up proposing to Nick to see where his head is at.

I load up my plate with a hot dog and some carrots, then sit on one of the barstools and eat.

I look at the ring on my hand and my heart melts at the sight. It's a gorgeous silver band with a beautiful—large— diamond on the center. It's not obnoxious, but it's big enough for me to know it was extremely expensive.

It doesn't feel like a display of wealth, though, still being a medium size and with intricate designs around it.

I've never worn rings, but I am confident I will never take this thing off. Well, unless I have to for work.

Yes, work.

Over the past month I have done interviews at an extremely nice medical firm, since I want to be a doctor. I haven't told Aaron yet, but I got the job and I am going to be making my own money for the first time.

Not that Aaron will even let me use it, but it still feels nice.

I only work four days a week, but if I want to do more I can apply to get more scheduling. And I have to look after the puppies, so I don't want to be gone too too much.

I just got the job today, and I was going to tell Ron but he was at work all day and by the time we saw each other people were coming over for dinner.

Our little party starts to die down and people trickle out. Ron is inside at the front door saying bye to the last few people, so I come inside and start cleaning up the kitchen a little bit.

Suddenly I feel someone behind me, arms wrapping around me and squeezing me super tightly.

"Aaron" I squeak, spinning around to look at him. He just puts his forehead on mine and looks at me.

"Pretty girl" he smiles.

"Are you alright?" I ask, unsure why he has a huge smile on his face and looks a little odd right now. Well, still extremely adorable as always, but something is off.

He wraps his arms around me tightly, pulling my face to his chest and I just giggle, reciprocating the hug.

Something was off about him, but I couldn't quite think of what it is, until he lands a big kiss on my forehead and makes a 'mwah' sound. I realize he's a little drunk.

"How many drinks did you have?" I question him, making him furrow his brows. He takes fifteen seconds to think about it before slurring out a combination of one and two—which I know for a fact is BS.

"Alright let's get you to bed." I pat his shoulder, making him grumble, "Not tired." He lowers his head down to mine, trying to kiss me. I back away, "You are drunk, Aaron." I say.

"No I'm not." His hands sneak onto my waist and grip me firmly. "And I'm not tired." He huffs, crossing his arms across his chest and giving me a grumpy look.

I just sigh and get on my tip toes to peck his lips, then stand flat on my feet again and look up at him. His hand goes to my waist and his eyes light up like he thinks my peck is agreeing to something.

"Please" he says under his breath, almost in a whimper and I nearly melt right there on the floor.

I suck in a breath at him being so vulnerable and needy, "I am not doing anything with you when you are like this." I say to him, watching as he frowns.

"Come on. Bed." I say, taking his hand and leading him upstairs to our room. It takes five minutes to walk to our room, Ron constantly stopping to look at random things.

He made us stop as he inspected the flower pot in the foyer for a solid three minutes. Apparently he likes the color, which is all he said after three minutes of silence as he stared.

I head to the bathroom to wash my face once we finally get into our room, and I hear a loud thud from the bedroom.

What the heck.

"Aaron!" I quickly run into the room to see Ronny staring at the wall like he is about to initiate a fight with it.

"Fucking prick."

The wall?

"Ron, it's a wall." I remind him, since he looks like the wall just attacked him or something.

"Come on, let's get you into pajamas." I walk into the closet and hear Ron walk after me. I pick out shorts for him, since he sleeps shirtless.

He raises his arms over his head and just looks at me like a freaking toddler. I sigh and tug his shirt over his head, my heart rate increasing just at the sight of him shirtless.

His nice shorts cling to his waist and the image of him without them flashes in my mind, and I quickly try to think of something else.

"Addie," Ron complains, "You are looking at me with fuck-me eyes and I want to so why not?"

Stupid tempting man.

"Would you touch me if I was wasted?" I question him. He rolls his eyes and looks away, "I'm not wasted."

"You ran into the wall and called it a effing prick."

He pauses for about thirty seconds, then huffs, "It's really a no?" His eyes are staring into mine and a glint of sadness is in them.

I nod, feeling bad that he's sad, but also trying not to laugh at how cute he looks right now. Whining because I won't kiss him. Such a baby.

"You are so lame right now." He grumbles as I unbuckle his belt. I laugh at this, leaving him to go and find him something to change into.

Drunk Ron is funny.

I hand him comfier shorts then step out to let him change as I climb into bed.

A moment later he joins me, wrapping his warm arms around me and pulling me close to him. I feel him nuzzle his head into me and wrap one of my legs over his body.

I melt into him, feeling so secure and safe in his strong arms. He's drunk, yet not scary like Papa was, but sweet and freaking adorable.

"I cannot fucking wait for our wedding night." He says into my neck, his breath hitting me and sending shivers all over my body.

I'm sure my face is red, but luckily he can't see it in the dark.

"Go to sleep Aaron." I kiss the top of his head, trailing my nails lightly down his bare back. I feel scars all over him, giggling when he lets out a low groan.

1403 words