Chapter 6

Adelina Celine Torres

"I told you I don't need a doctor" I grumble as we walk into Aaron's kitchen. He pulls out a stool and I sit, "I'm fine, see" I say, smiling big despite my head slightly aching.

He narrows his eyes at me, then leaves the room.

Dramatic.

I look around, amazed by how pretty this house is. The kitchen is similar to the foyer from the other day, all white with gold accents and looks straight out of some rich person magazine.

I hear someone enter the room so I spin around to see Owen.

"Hi!" I say. Owen looks slightly confused at why I'm here, but says "Hello again"

"Where is Aaron?" Owen asks.

"He is getting some doctor. If you ask me, he's being dramatic."

Owen laughs, "Did you say that to his face?"

I shrug, "No, but I complained the whole way here so he's probably a little irritated." I say, which is true.

"What happened?"

"We went ice skating and I hit my head on the floor." I explain. Owens eyes widen, "You went ice skating with Aaron?"

I just nod, "It's really fun you should go sometime. If you ever need a tutor hit me up, I'm insane at ice skating."

"I thought you just said you fell and hit your head?"

I frown, "Well I did, but that's only because I crashed into someone while I was running from Ronny"

"Ronny?" Owen says, sounding amused.

Aaron's returns into the room with another mid-20s looking guy. This guy is also gorgeous with dark skin and his hair in tight braids. What is with all of these model-worthy men living in this house?

"Hi Adelina I'm Mike, I'm going to have a look at your head" he tells me. I just nod as he walks behind me and looks at the back of my head, then does a few tests with me, which I think I ace.

Aaron just stands and watches, getting mad when Mike accidentally touched my head and I winced. As if Aaron didn't do the same thing.

"So, tell me more about this ice skating trip, Ronny" Owen smirks at Aaron, who looks like he's about to murder his friend.

"Ice skating huh?" Mike asks me, "You're lucky I see no signs of a concussion or further injury" Mike walks in front of me and hands me an ice pack. "Ice it and take these" he then hands me two rather large white pills and a glass of water. "Thank you" I smile to Mike, who nods and flashes his perfect white teeth at me.

"Have you had braces? Your teeth are like perfect" I ask, unable to control myself. Mike laughs, "Yeah I did"

"Are you done?" Aaron grumbles, not looking like he is in a good mood. "If the pain doesn't go away I will assess you again, but you should be all good" Mike tells me.

"What did I tell you?" I turn to Aaron, hoping he knows how dramatic he is.

"Hey boss Carlos needs us at the warehouse" A man walks into the room, then pauses when he sees me. "Who's this?" The man asks. He has a buzz cut, tanned skin, and has tattoos covering his arms.

The man looks me up and down, probably just wondering why I'm here. I smile at the man, about to introduce myself when Aaron cuts me off, "We're leaving" Aaron says, giving this strange man the nastiest look I've ever seen. I would hate to be on the receiving end of that.