Chapter 4

Adelina Celine Torres

After a minute or two of standing there, I debate knocking again in case he didn't hear me, but what if he is on his way and me knocking again makes him annoyed?

I tend to annoy people either way, so I decide to knock again. Right as I lift my fist to knock, the big white door swings open to reveal a tall man with dirty blonde hair.

I awkwardly lower my fist that wavered in front of the poor man's face for a second. "Hi" I say.

The man is extremely attractive with loose blonde hair, tanned skin, piercing blue eyes, tall, and obviously muscular.

"Can I help you?" He asks, his voice light and relaxed. "Is Mr. Hendrix home?" I ask with a smile.

The blonde man looks at me for a moment, confusion in his eyes. 

"Come in" he says, stepping aside to provide room for me to walk in.

I step through, marveling at the beauty of the foyer. It's all white with gold accents that would usually look tacky, but in this case look brilliant.

"What's your name?" I ask the blonde guy, since he seems friendly enough.

"Owen" he smiles to me. I hold out my hand, "Nice to meet you, I'm Adelina, but you can call me Lina"

"Owen" a sharp voice speaks from behind me, but I know exactly who it his.

I spin around, my eyes widening when I see Aaron not in fancy clothes, but a black t shirt and black sweatpants.

Hot.

Just kidding. I don't like describing people as hot, it makes me feel gross. So instead of hot, we will use pretty.

My eyes go to his arms, covered in tattoos and veins. He is very strong.

"Hello" I say, trying to keep my smile steady even at the clear disgust on Aaron's face at my presence. "Lina here wanted to see you" Owen says, stepping beside me. I turn and smile to Owen at his use of my nickname. That's the first time someone actually called me that!

Aaron gives Owen a look, and without words Owen nods and leaves the room.

I look to Aaron, expecting him to ask why I'm here, but instead he just gives me the same calculating gaze he always does. "You left this at my house" I break the silence, digging in my tote bag to find his wallet.

"Don't worry I didn't go in it or anything. Well besides finding your address. And reading your drivers license" At the last part I cringe at myself for accidentally over sharing.

Reaching out my hand, I stand awkwardly as he waits a few seconds to take the wallet.

"Why'd you bring it here?" He asks, taking it.

"Um to give it back? It's yours isn't it?"

He doesn't respond. "I would've given it to my parents since you guys are business partners, but, well, Papa has a temper and you made him very angry. I didn't trust him too well"

Aaron doesn't move, "Leave" he says sternly. I flinch slightly at his harsh tone.

Feeling bold, and quite bored with zero friends, I see an opportunity to make one. "Would you like to get dinner with me?" I ask, since it's almost 6 and I'm starving from not eating lunch.