Chapter 31

Adelina Celine Torres

"Black or blue?" I ask Aaron, holding up two dresses. He says dinner is pretty nice, so I brought two full length pretty nice dresses to pick between.

"Black." He says without even looking at the dresses.

"You didn't even look." I say.

He glances up at me, "Black."

I scoff, "You're infuriating sometimes." I tell him, going to the bathroom to change.

The black dress is a silky material and has a slit up the side and a lacy hemming on the top. It fits me pretty well, hugging my waist comfortably.

I put on black heels and a silver necklace and earrings, then do a little bit of makeup.

"Are you dressed?" I call out to Ronny, who always changes in the bedroom while I am in the bathroom.

When he doesn't answer I take that as a yes and come out to see him fixing his tie in the full length mirror.

Oh my he looks so handsome.

He's in—you guessed it— an all black suit. His hair is a little more put together than usual but just as pretty as always.

He turns to me and freezes, his eyes trailing from my feet to my face.

I walk over to him, my heels loud on the floor. "Beautiful." He says under his breath, his hand snaking around my waist.

He leans down so his lips are near my ear, "We can just stay here..." his breath is on my neck.

"Aaron." I say, pulling back slightly, "I refuse to stand up your family."

"I know." He says.

"And we will be late if we don't go now." I say when he lifts my chin and starts to lean in to kiss me.

"Killjoy." He says, mocking me from the other day.

"Shut it." I say back, pulling him in for a kiss. Unlike our other kisses, I take control this time, pulling him closer with his tie.

He makes a noise into the kiss and I swear my knees buckle from under me.

"A- Aaron" I say, slightly out of breath. "Yeah?" He says under his breath, his lips finding my neck.

"We have to go." I say. "And if you leave a freaking mark like last time I will personally beat you up." I say, since I had to face Owen and Mike with a hickey and they definitely judged me.

"Hm?" He hums and I literally pry him off of me, "I am not about to have your family think we are sex feens." I say, looking at myself in the mirror and am happy when nothing is there.

Now that we are about to go see his family and I have nothing to distract myself with, I feel extremely nervous.

What if they hate me?

What if they think I'm annoying, or weird?

He said his family was sometimes nice, meaning they're super closer in Aaron language.

I can't have them not like me.

But I also don't want to try too hard, then they definitely won't like me.

"You're fine." Aaron reads my mind, "But you won't be if we are late. Vivi gets really offended."

I turn around to him and my eyes widen, "Well let's go! It's already 6:45! How far is this place?"

"It's a five minute drive."

"Alright come on." I say, trying to get his butt out the door. He is slow.