Chapter 16

Adelina Celine Torres

"I think I would cry if I had to cook for Gordon Ramsay" I tell Ronny as I watch him make me and him lunch.

I would offer to help, but I don't want to mess up his master cooking.

It has been a week since the incident with Mr. Edwards, and I have skipped his class all week to avoid facing him. I have also been avoiding even thinking of what happened, since you can't be upset about something if you don't think about it.

"I watched master chef a few months ago, and I whole heartedly believe I would completely lose in the first round. And there is this mean red headed woman who judges the food, ugh I would die if she yelled at me"

Gordon Ramsay would be terrifying to be screamed at by, but at least it's Gordon freaking Ramsay, versus the red headed woman who I don't even know her name, who is she to judge my bad food?

Good thing I am not on master chef.

"You should go on master chef" I suggest to Ronny when he sets down a plate of salmon and a salad. It smells amazing.

He just shakes his head, which is valid. He probably couldn't handle an angry Gordon either.

"Who even taught you to cook so good?" I ask as I eat the food. "My mom" He tells me, sitting beside me and eating his plate as well.

Awwww...we love a Mamas boy.

"Does she also live in California?" I ask, realizing I don't know much about Ronny or his family. He shakes his head, "She passed a while ago"

Oh.

Stupid Lina why do you have to bring up sensitive subjects all the time?

"Im sorry I--"

"It's ok, Adelina, just eat" He nods to my food, since I had put my fork down to talk. I nod and finish my plate, then we both clean up the dishes.

"What do you want to do?" I ask Ronny, since I have the whole day off from school and no plans. Ronny sits on his couch, shrugging. This dude.

"You suck at suggesting things to do" I scold him. I am about to suggest something when the front door opens and a bunch of people walk into the house. I can't see them yet since we are in the living room, but I can hear many voices and footsteps.

"Fucking Owen." Ronny mutters. The voices get louder until they reach the living room, and I see Owen, Mike, and a few other people I don't know. One of them I saw in the house the other day, but never met. There's also a girl with them with long black hair who is absolutely stunning and a man I have never seen.

"Hey Lina" Owen smiles to me, so does Mike. I wave, "Hi"

I turn back to Ronny who is glaring at his friends, "Relax, Aaron, we were just stopping by on our way to the beach" Mike tells him. I perk up at the mention of the beach, but act natural. I love the beach.

I haven't been in a while because of how busy school has kept me, but I used to go with Nick all the time.

"Why don't you join us Aaron?" The woman smiles to him. I look at Ronny, who looks annoyed, then looks at me almost like he is asking if I want to go. "If you want to" I say, since he didn't look too excited when he was asked.

"Ok" He says.

"By the way Lina this is Tony, Ben, and Natasha." Mike says. Tony is the one I saw before, Ben is new, and Natasha is new. I don't think she likes me, because she is giving me a nasty look right now.

"Nice to meet you guys" I smile and give a small wave, then feel incredibly stupid. I suck at meeting new people.

Tony just looks at me, Ben smiles and says hi, and Natasha takes out her phone and starts going on it. Ok then.