Chapter 59

Adelina Celine Torres

"Aaron what did I say about forcing me to hang out with you?" I say when he picks me up from Nick's. I was about to go to dinner with Phoebe, but Ronny here is needy and says he wanted to hang out with me.

Phoebe says we can do dinner tomorrow, but I still feel bad for ditching her. Not too bad, since Nick jumped at the opportunity to go to dinner with her instead, and she didn't seem upset. And I love hanging out with Aaron.

"Can we go watch a movie?" I ask him, having really badly wanted to watch the new Avatar movie. It's been out for the past three weeks and I haven't had time to see it yet.

It's been a week and a half since Ronman here saved me from his psychotic father, and I have slowly adjusted to being back to normal.

I actually found it oddly easy for me to just pretend nothing happened, which I don't think is totally great, but its whatever. Mike pulled me aside and said avoiding talking about things with Aaron will only make it worse in the future, but I ignored him.

He's a doctor, not a therapist.

His words do make me think about telling Aaron, though.

I haven't stopped having nightmares where he goes through with assaulting me in the worst way....where my fighting wasn't enough to stop him.

I shake off those thoughts as Aaron says, "Okay," He responds, making me pull out my phone and search for movie times at the cinema.

I have missed actually going to the movies. I love it. Buying overpriced popcorn, a drink, and dibs.

Oh my gosh do I love dibs. I don't know where else sells the little balls of ice cream coated in chocolate, since I have never seen them outside of the movie theater, but if anyone knows where else I can hook myself up with them, let me know.

"Is the 6:30 okay?" I ask him. It's already 6:15, so if we go straight there we should be able to make it in time.

"Yeah, please don't get seats in the front row again." He tells me.

We went to see a movie a few months ago and the only available seats were row 1, so I bought them. I didn't know how slandered I would be for it, though, or I never would have done it.

It was 'do you not see how uncomfortable this is?' or 'I am never letting you buy tickets again' or 'have you never been to a movie theater before?!' for the entire movie.

Such a baby. Sure we had to crank our necks straight up to see the screen, but there was no need to whine the whole time.

"Don't worry, I got back row middle of the theater." I show him my phone as proof. We drive for the next five minutes until we pull into a local mall with a movie theater in it.

"I am so excited for this you don't even know. Jake Sully was my childhood crush like for ever." I hold Ron's hand as we walk inside. "Who's that?"

"Have you not seen the first Avatar movie?"

He shakes his head, and I go on to explain the plot to him so he won't be confused for this movie. "So you have a crush on an alien?"

"Yes. Although I have heard that he's not as cute in this movie, at least his hair isn't." I order popcorn and dibs and a water, Ron says he doesn't want anything because its 'too overpriced', but I bet you anything he will just be eating my stuff.

I mean, he did pay for it after all.

Against my will.

Such a man, never letting the lady pay. Even when we first met he would be grumbly if I ever paid for anything, and now six months later he is still the same.