Chapter 57

Aaron Hendrix

After two hours of brutally torturing both Tread and my father, Tread finally cracked about where they're holding Adelina.

My father knew I wouldn't kill him yet, and he knows the only leverage he has is her, so he wouldn't say a damn thing about her location.

Tread on the other hand, sang like a bird the second we went for his teeth.

After we held them at gunpoint in his warehouse, our men on the perimeter took out anyone who tried to stop us from taking the two of them to our own warehouse, where they now sit drenched in their own blood, and where they will sit for the rest of their lives.

"Fucking hell this place is hard to find," Owen says, taking a sharp turn. He's driving, he says I would speed and end up wrecking the car, which is so not true.

The wrecking the car part, at least.

We finally arrive at an abandoned building thirty minutes away from the city, and my nerves are through the roof. I don't know what to expect finding her.

Maybe they just locked her in a room and she was left untouched.

I get out of the car before Owen even stops it, Mike yells at me to wait for him, but I don't.  Many more of my men are coming as backup, but I don't give a damn about waiting for them to show up.

I have a gun and if anyone steps in my way I will just shoot them. Simple.

To my surprise, when I walk inside there is not a single person here—It's completely abandoned.

There is a maze of different hallways and I run down every damn one, opening each door to come up with nothing.

If that asshole lied to me...

I see a set of stairs and I go down them into a filthy basement. There's blood and dirt all over the place, but what terrifies me is the piece of fabric thrown on the floor.

I walk over and squat beside it, picking up the black cloth and looking at it closer. A skirt. Adelina's fucking skirt.

She wore it when we went to the park one day, I know it's hers.

Not on her body, ripped, and has small bloodstains across it.

Fuck.

I leave the basement, unable to be in there for another second. I need to search every inch of this place.

There's only a few hallways I haven't checked, so I go room by room until I reach a door that is locked.

"Aaron, where the hell are you?" I hear Mike's voice echo in the building. "Over here" I yell back, turning my attention back to the door. I don't waste any time, I just shoot the lock and watch as the door slowly opens.

And my heart stops.

It's a dimly lit room with nothing but a bed with nobody in it, the sheets extremely messed up.

It's empty.

I am about to go and keep looking when I hear a noise. Such a small, fragile noise, but it's there. A sniffle.

I freeze and turn back to the room, "Adelina?" I say, trying to sound calm but I am freaking out.

Silence.

I walk into the room and slowly walk to the other side of the bed, feeling like someone just stabbed me in the heart when I see Adelina curled up in a ball on the floor, hidden behind the bed.

She looks up at me, her eyes red and her face bruised. She wears just a shirt, her knees hugged to her chest and I can see dozens of bruises all over them.