Chapter 58

Adelina Celine Torres

I feel awkward coming out of my little room.

Ronny was with me until Mike started evaluating me and made him leave. He did, after looking like he was going to beat up his friend. I didn't want Ron to leave but at the same time I didn't want him to see me like this. Weak.

I walk out and see Ron on the couch, dark grey sweatpants paired with a navy t-shirt on his body. He looks at me when I step into the room, and I give him a small smile, "Hi," He says to me.

"Hello," I say back, walking over to him and sitting on the couch beside him.

He just looks at me almost like he doesn't know what to say, and I frown, "Aaron." I tell him, making him tilt his head slightly at his name.

"Please don't act like I am some fragile baby. I am fine." I say to him, leaning my head on his shoulder. I want nothing more than to forget anything ever happened, and I can't do that with Ron here coddling me.

He sighs, his hand rubbing circles on my back over his hoodie. I think back to how he found me—what he must've thought. I looked awful and was curled up on the floor like a child.

I also remember the seize in my heart when the door being shot open and footsteps nearing me turned out to be Aaron. I couldn't believe it at first, thinking I had to have been dreaming.

"I want you to be normal, okay?" I ask him. I don't care if I sound ridiculous after being kidnapped, beaten, and.... assaulted. I want what I want.

"Ok." He finally says, and I feel relieved. He kisses the top of my head, "Can we watch Frozen?" I ask him. "After I make us something to eat." He tells me.

"I'm not hungry." I tell him, earning me a look. "What have you eaten the past week?" He asks.

I take a moment to think, "They gave me rice and some meat. I think it was ham? I don't know if I'm being honest. I also wholeheartedly believed I got a UTI, but Mike says he doesn't think I do. How qualified is he?" I ramble to try and change the conversation from eating.

My mind blocks out the memories that come with thinking about the food they gave me. Waking up with a awful headache, blood seeping from the back of my head as I sat up to see food thrown on the ground in front of me. Just enough to not starve me.

Food seems disgusting right now.

"Come on," Ron stands up, reaching his hand down for me to take. I shake my head, "I don't want to," I complain.

He gives me a look, "You want me to treat you normal, I will treat you normal. Get your ass off the couch." He says, making me grumble and take his hand.

I wince when he helps pull me off the couch, making him flip out. "What's wrong?" He says, "Where are you hurt?" His eyes scan all over me, like he could see anything with me drowning in his huge clothes.

"Just sore Aaron," I say, the bruises still pretty fresh on my body.

I take a step and pretend to limp, causing Ron to make me face him as he tries to find what is wrong with me.

"That was a joke." I say, watching as his concerned look shifts into a glare. I don't even know why I thought fake limping was funny, maybe to distract him from me wincing a second ago—I don't know.

"Fuck you." He turns away coldly, going to the kitchen. I chase after him, "Oh come on I'm sorry." I say, sitting on one of the barstools as he opens the pantry door.

"Don't be mad at me" I make a puppy dog face at him when he takes out a box of pasta. "Don't do that again." He says, filling a pot up with water and setting it on the stove.