Chapter 45

Aaron Hendrix

Walking into one of my office buildings, I can't help but be slightly nervous about this meeting. I don't know what he wants, and it is driving me crazy.

I can't fucking believe he already approached Addie, twice, and bothered her enough for her to be that stressed out when I picked her up.

When Addie asked for more information on my background with him, I felt slightly guilty for leaving out huge details like how he would starve me for days to toughen me up, or how he stabbed me each time I said a word when I wasn't supposed to.

She doesn't need to know.

I also didn't mention the business he was preparing me to take over was his Mafia, and that my father has been fuming over the past few years because I left him to start my own.

When I reach the meeting room, I see him sitting in one of the chairs. He looks a little aged, but about the same as he always has. A stubble of black and gray lines his face, he wears a black suit, and a smirk forms on his face when he sees me. I close the door behind me, feeling comfortable that Owen is already in the room.

He gives me a look as I sit down, "What the hell do you want." I get right to the point, not wanting to spend a second longer with this man than I have to.

Seeing him brings back too many memories.

"That's no way to greet your father, Aaron." He tells me, "Have I taught you no manners?"

I clench my jaw to try and stop myself from beating his ass into the ground right here. Who does he think he is? Showing up to the empire I built and thinking he can talk down to me?

I keep my composure, "What do you want." I Ignore his words.

He sighs and leans back in his chair, clasping his hands on his lap. "Fine, I will be the bigger man and say it is nice to see you again. And you too, Owen. Are you allowed to talk now?" He says to Owen, who doesn't say a word.

I told Owen not to engage with him until I got here, but I bet my dad tried to speak with him while they were alone. "If you can't answer his question, get the fuck out of here." Owen snaps at him.

He feigns an offended face, "I raised you like a son, and this is how you treat me?"

After a moment of silence where my father finally figures out that we are not here to talk with him, just to get him out of here, he sighs. "It is quite hard to talk business with you two being so...pigheaded."

"I want to partner with you." He finally spits out.

"No." I say, not missing a beat. I stand up, "If that's all, leave."

He doesn't move, "Either we discuss this here, or we discuss it at Hamilton's this Saturday, although I strongly suggest we do it here rather than in front of your girlfriend." He says, "She's lovely by the way."

Hamilton is some big shot from Italy who is hosting a business dinner similar to the one I saw Addie at a few weeks ago. Everyone dangerous and worth anything is there, and I assume Addie's family is on the invite list.

"Go near her again and I will kill you."

He laughs at my threat, "I raised you better than to get so emotional over a girl. I will say, if I thought you were going to get tied down I assumed it'd be with a bitch with a little better of a body than--

I didn't even realize I punched him until he was bent over, clutching his bloody nose. "Crawl back to New York and don't ever show your face here again."