Chapter 8

Aaron Hendrix

"I have missed coming to the club" Tony smirks, his eyes trailing a pair of girls who walk by our table.

I can't fucking stand Tony.

From working with him to having him around the house, he's only still here because he's Owen's. The other day at my house when he eye-fucked Adelina made me too close to putting a bullet through is eyes. The worst part was, she fucking smiled and waved at him, oblivious to his gaze.

I shouldn't care if one of my men looks at her.

I take a sip of my whiskey, eager to get out of this damn club. "Come on boss, have some fun." Carlos nudges me. "You haven't looked at a girl since we've got here" Tony urges.

I almost scoff at this, I never get with girls at the club. 

I don't find it appealing to touch hookers at the club, to let hookers touch me. Dirty ass women.

I hate being touched.

"He can't, he's a married man now" Owen teases. I glare at him.

"What have I missed?" Carlos asks, shocked.

"Aaron here has been running around with some blonde chick" Tony chimes in. "When you're done with her send her my way, she's hot as fuck"

I tense at Tony's mention of her in such a way. "Fuck off Tony" I say, but he just laughs.

"That whole innocent act doesn't fool me for a second." Tony chuckles.

"I don't know man, I don't think it's an act." Mike chimes in. Mike, who Adelina smiled at and complimented and said fucking thank you to.

Why do I fucking care? I met the girl not even a month ago.

———

Adelina Celine Torres

Today is the day our rough draft essays are due for Mr. Edward's class. I worked on it all last night, and hope that it's decent enough for me to build my actual essay off of.

I've texted Aaron a few times since we last hung out and watched that horrifying movie, but he hasn't responded.

It's only been four days, so I know I'm just being dramatic, so I shake it off.

"Not going to lie, my draft was insane. I got my brother to help me edit it, and I think Mr. Edwards will love it." Alyssa brags as she sits down next to me. I glance to the front of the room where Mr. Edwards is and lock eyes with him. I quickly look back to Alyssa.

"Are you blushing right now?" She says, looking at me suspiciously. "What?"

"Mr. Edwards is totally making you all hot and bothered" she says, giddy.

I blink a few times, completely lost. "He's my professor" I say, disgusted with the idea of being with him in that way.

Alyssa shrugs, "Plenty of people get with their professors"

"And he is totally eye-fucking you right now" Alyssa whispers. I look over my shoulder to see Mr. Edwards looking  at me still.

"He probably just heard us say his name. You're being crazy" I say. "Whatever you say, but he's hot so I don't blame you."

Class drones on and I try my best to ignore Alyssa's words. Professor Edwards is a nice man, he wouldn't get with a student. Especially me.

As everyone packs up to leave, Mr. Edwards calls for me to stay. Alyssa nudges me, then wiggles her eyebrows. I shove her lightly, then turn to walk to Mr. Edwards desk at the front of the room.