Chapter 10

Adelina Celine Torres

"I can't believe you got your car back so easily." Alyssa tells me. I shrug, "Me neither, all I did was call and they told me it was ready for pickup. They didn't even charge me" I say.

"Can we talk about that gorgeous man who you failed to mention to me you're close with?" Alyssa asks, pretending to be mad. "I did tell you about Ronny"

She scoffs, "Only because I snooped on your phone. And you never told me how hot he is" 

I cringe at Alyssa calling him hot. It just feels disrespectful, and I'm not friends with Ronny because he's hot, we are friends because he's nice.

"The way he looked at you, too. Don't even get me started!" Alyssa giggles. "Alyssa we are just friends" I tell her. "To you, maybe. That man dropped everything to come get you when your car got towed, then he couldn't stop looking at you when we were in the car" 

I shake my head, "You read too many romance books" I say to her. "Whatever you say, Lina" She wiggles her eyebrows at me. 

I take a bite out of my avocado toast, thinking of how the little salt pieces sprinkled on top could easily be drugs. Why, I don't know, the thought just creeps into mind. 

"Do you have any plans for this weekend?" Alyssa asks me. "Besides studying, no" I respond. 

It's Friday, and I want to get all of my school work done tonight and tomorrow so that I am able to relax and enjoy Sunday. 

"My brothers frat is throwing a party tonight...I wanted to see if you would want to come?" Alyssa asks me. 

Oh.

Ive never been to a party, even like a birthday party or anything, let alone a frat party. "I understand if you don't want to go, but I think it would be fun." 

I debate this for a little, then nod, "I will go" 

Alyssa squeals, "Omg this is going to be so fun! You can come to my dorm to get ready if you want" 

"That sounds good!" I tell her. I can tell how badly she wants to go to this, and I kind of want to go too. I've never been, and the mystery of college parties intrigues me. I can just double study tomorrow.

Alyssa and I head over to her dorm, which seems amazing. As I walk through the Stanford Dormitory, I can't help but feel like I've completely missed out on the college experience by living at home. 

"I have a single, thank God" Alyssa leads me into her dorm. "Freshman year I had the worst roommate ever. She actually harvested bees in the room, and once we had an earthquake that knocked it over in the middle of the fucking night."

"Don't you laugh, it was traumatizing!" Alyssa scowls at me for laughing at the story. 

I look around Alyssa's dorm, amazed by how she decorated it. There's pictures of her with friends and family all over, neon lights, a few posters, and much more. 

"This is really pretty" I say.

"Thanks" Alyssa smiles to me.

"Now, let's get us party ready!" Alyssa says, excitedly. 

I sit on the bed eating cheerios as Alyssa scavenges through her closet until she puts together an outfit for herself. She puts on a low cut white crop top and probably the shortest navy skirt I've ever seen. 

"You look so pretty!" I compliment her. Alyssa truly is gorgeous. Her maroon colored hair makes her green eyes pop, and she has light freckles sprinkled on her face.