Chapter 9

Adelina Celine Torres

I jump off my bed, snatching the book off of my desk. "You ever heard of privacy?" I say, closing the book and holding it in my arms.

A  smirk sits on Aarons face as he turns to me, and I just know my face is bright red. I don't know what he read, but this is the 'spicy' book Alyssa recommended, and Aaron has this stupid smirk on his face that makes me think it was bad.

"That's what you read?" He says, shock evident in his voice.

I stand up straighter, a little offended he is this surprised that I could read--or in my case just skip over-- dirty things. I'm an adult after all, why is he so shocked that I could read bad things?

"Maybe" I say, putting the book on my dresser next to where Wally is swimming around like the cute little fish he is.

When I turn back to Aaron, he stands up and walks closer to me so that we are less than a foot apart. "Don't" He says, putting his hand under my chin and lifting my  face to look at him. I slightly tilt my head to the side, is he telling me I can't read this stuff?

"Be embarrassed" He finishes. This just makes me even redder. He's so close.

"I-" I start to talk but am unable to when Aaron's gaze drops to my lips.

My heart is pounding out of my chest, and I realize what I'm doing. I snuck an older boy into the house, and we are in my bedroom alone just inches apart. And i'm...enjoying it?

Aaron slightly smiles down at me, clearly amused, "Cute" He says, stepping away and sitting down on my bed.

I stay cemented into where I'm standing, blinking a few times to come back to reality. Reality? Be for real, Lina, all he did was stand in front of you and look at you.

"Lets play a game" I suggest, sitting down on my bed beside Aaron. Im criss-cross applesauce facing him, while he is leaned against the headboard with his legs straight out.

He looks intrigued when I mention a game, but doesn't say anything.

"What about 20 questions?" I ask. Alyssa told me that's what people play to get to know each other.

He doesn't ask me a question, so I take that as a sign to go first. "What's your favorite color?" I ask.

"None" He says.

I gape at this, "Who doesn't't have a favorite color? That insane"

He shrugs, "You?"

"Probably blue, like Wally blue" I say.

The game goes on for a while and I learn lots of little things about Aaron like his favorite food--steak-- his favorite candy--airheads--,  and his favorite snack--powdered doughnuts--all of which are pretty basic in my opinion, but to each their own.

"Do you have lots of friends?" I ask.

Aaron shakes his head, "Just a few"

"Me too" I say, "You and Alyssa actually. And Wally."

"Are you close with your family?" Aaron asks me. Im taken off guard by the question, and take a second to try and come up with the best response. "No. The opposite actually. I'm kind of close with my brother, Nick, but not with Avery or my parents" I explain, "I wish I was" I say, feeling pathetic but deep down I know it's true.

I wish my parents looked at me with the same admiration they look at Avery or Nick with. I wish Avery and I got along like sisters should. Share our drama, hang out together, and give each other advice.