Chapter 22

Adelina Celine Torres

"Put it up more." I direct Ronny, who seems to not know what 'up' means because he moves it rightwards instead.

"Ronald." I scold him, causing his head to whip in my direction. "No." He says sternly.

"No Ronald?" I ask, since I kinda like the nickname. "Absolutely fucking not." He says, turning back to the archway door thingy in the living room.

We are decorating the place for Owen's welcome home day, and I am putting the big strong weirdly tall man to work. I may have to step in, though, because the W and the E and the L and the C and the O and the M and the E and all of HOME and all of OWEN are extremely crooked.

"It's like you're intentionally ignoring me." I walk beside him and step onto the stool, causing him to step off.

I get on my tip toes to reach the letters and straighten them out as much as I can. "Ronny are they straight?" I ask, turning to look behind me at Ron. He is a few feet behind me, but his eyes are not on the letters.

"Are you looking at my butt?" I turn around, making his eyes snap up to my face. "What? No." He clears his throat. I put my hands on my hips, "Good. Now is this okay?"

He steps back and looks up, "Sure."

I groan, "You are the worst sometimes."

The past week and a half I have spent studying a heck ton and hanging out with Ron. It's like I never got hurt and ignored him, and he never 'got busy' and ignored me.

I visited Owen a few times in the hospital while he recovered, and it's finally time for him to come home. He is still going to be in crutches and bed rest for a while, but at least he is coming home.

I've interacted with Papa a few times. He yelled at me pretty badly about that night at the bar, but I stand by my decision to leave. Luckily, when he was yelling Nick was on his way over so Papa didn't hurt me.

"There you're done now can we do something else?" He asks impatiently, sitting on the couch.

Today I learned Ronald hates decorating, and is extremely whiney when he is doing something he hates.

"Fine. Baby." I mutter the last part, sitting down next to him. "What was that?"

"Oh nothing." I pretend to be doing something on my phone, but Aaron takes it from me and tosses it on the ground. "Hey stop it!"

Before I can react Ronny puts his arms around me and starts tickling the living crap out of me. "Ronny no! No--" my stomach hurts from laughing and I try to spin around to get him back, but he is barely ticklish at all so it fails.

In a last resort of self defense I try to shove Ron away from me, which ends up kicking him off the couch.

I hear a thump of him hitting the floor, and instantly peek over the edge of the couch to look at him. "Are you okay?" I ask, ignoring him glaring at me. "No." He grumbles, sitting up on the floor.

I make a pouty face at him, "Awww are you hurt?" I fake a baby voice, cupping his face in my hands.

He stares at me for a few seconds not moving, and I boop his nose. He recoils at that, "What the fuck"

"What?" I question. Did he not like the boop?

Who doesn't like being booped?

Red flag.

Suddenly we hear the front door open followed by voices from down the hall. I can hear the sound of crutches on the floor, and I jump up from the couch. "Owen!" I exclaim when he hobbles into the room.