لقاءنا الأول Our first meet

Sarah POV

"so, what happened yesterday? Did you discover who was that musician?" Bella asked as we were on our way to the lecture hall, after I met her at the library. I knew I would find her there. She didn't like reading, but she was there because of her book-loving boyfriend, and Bella was just trying to keep up with him.

"I couldn't see his face  he suddenly disappeared as soon as I opened the door. Honestly, I felt scared and didn't dare take another step inside that room. I wish you hadn't told me about the ghost story that inhabits that room, Bella," I said.

"It's okay, it must be one of the music-obsessed girls. As you know, university dorms do not accommodate young men, unfortunately," my friend said, then her boyfriend, Steven, suddenly appeared with that shy smile on his face. Sometimes I feel sorry for him. He doesn't know the truth about Bella. She is a playful girl, and he is just a nice, calm guy.

"Hello, Sarah," he said, and that shy smile was evident on his face. He always loved to give me the books he finished reading since his girlfriend wasn't a fan of novels, and I always accepted them from him.

"Let's go before the lecture starts. See you later, my dear Sarah," she said, pushing her boy in front of her, again. I was aware of that. She never liked the friendship that brought me closer to her boyfriend.

As the lectures ended, the sun had already set, and everyone had already left, while I was running towards the library, hoping it hadn't closed yet. I had to borrow another book to read.

Mr. Kartar, the librarian, always drifted off in his thoughts while reading books, so he usually closed the library late. That man with the thick black beard, the war hero, as he called himself, said that he was one of the heroes of the war years ago. He was proud of his youth, and perhaps the scar that split his left eye was proof of the truth of what he told us about his heroic actions.

Mr. Kartar was very organized, and he usually placed books and novels on the shelves according to their classification. I was faithful to that shelf where fictional stories were placed, which no one else borrowed except me. Books no longer interested many people, but it was enjoyable for me to find new novels every time, the excitement I felt just by seeing a picture of a vampire or a fairy from the world of fantasy.

Finally, I reached my destination, and as expected, no one was there except Mr. Kartar. He didn't even notice my presence as he was holding a book in his hands, and he was focusing all his attention on it. I approached my favorite shelf and started running my fingers over those books when a black book caught my attention. It was the only book that didn't have any pictures on its cover. I was about to take the book when someone quickly grabbed it from me.

"Sorry, but I have to borrow it first," he said, but I didn't respond. I just decided to search for another book in silence and avoid any altercation, especially since I didn't know him. I had never seen him before at the university, although he looked like a student. He was tall, and his black clothes were the first thing I noticed, just like his long black hair, which barely revealed his mesmerizing eyes.

"I promise to return it quickly," he said again, and I had to answer him and finish the matter quickly.

"It's okay. I understand that you're excited to read it."

"No, I don't care about these things. I won't read it anyway," he replied. He left before I could respond. Maybe he knew that my answer was provocative, but for the second time, I didn't care. I took another book and left.

I have gotten used to sitting on the bed, staring at that clock on the wall, waiting for 1 am when that music starts and I begin reading the book. It seemed strange at first, but I enjoyed it somehow, to the point where I forgot about the idea of identifying the musician and decided to just listen. But that night, it didn't happen. The music suddenly stopped, and I waited for an hour, but nothing happened.