cutout || انقطاع

Harry POV

Heading off the university, there was a place for selling sweets and coffee. It was the only place I liked to buy apple cake from, along with a hot cup of coffee. At that corner, where they used to look at me in surprise, a young man and his girlfriend were sitting nearby while I sipped my hot coffee without feeling the burning sensation on my tongue.

"We'll wait for you there, my dear, don't be late," a girl said as she approached the table where I was having my meal. She was accompanied by her friend, while another girl, whose face I couldn't clearly see, went to order food for them.

"This will be the last time you invite her with us. I can't stand her company and the idea of her being close to you," she said, and although she was trying to whisper to her friend, I could hear every word she said, and I was intrigued by the idea of eavesdropping on her.

"Oh, stop it. We won't speak ill of her now," the boy replied.

"That girl, she always steals everything," she angrily replied, but as soon as her friend returned, those angry expressions vanished from her face, and she started smiling. It became clear to me then that the girl who came carrying two plates of cake and sweets was the same girl who loved my music.

As usual, that innocent smile was on her face. I've always been able to read people like an open book, and each time I find similar individuals, people who make me detest this strange being, but something inside me prevents me from understanding her. I sat on the opposite side, and our gazes met, but she quickly lowered her eyes shyly. At that moment, I had decided to leave the shop and return to the university.

Sarah pov

Once again, as always, I agreed to go with Bella and her boyfriend, and they left me after we finished eating. The front of the shop was always the point of separation. I noticed him standing nearby after my friends left, but I ignored him and i was about to cross the road towards the university when he approached me suddenly and said, "Mr. Kartar will open a new box with fictional novels today."

"I didn't expect you to start a conversation with me, but thank you for letting me know," I replied.

"Was she your friend?" he asked, I turned to find Bella looking at me from a distance

"Yes," I answered. "Why do you ask?"

"Just curious. She seems like a nice girl, but unfortunately, she belongs to the 'Alpha' category."

"What does that mean?"

"Like the rest of humans, or rather, the majority of them, that's the bad kind. I don't usually get involved or care, but she's annoying."

He said while also looking at her. That day he was close to me, and I finally managed to distinguish the color of his eyes after a light breeze lifted his hair and revealed his eyes clearly. I approached him to smell that scent again, a strong perfume mixed with the smell of cigarettes, just like the one I smelled when I entered that dark room that night.

"I suppose you like apple cake, don't you?" I said. "And you prefer this shop. I admit the cake is good here."

"So?"

"You were the pianist, weren't you?" I said, and suddenly silence fell. It seemed like I had revealed his greatest secret. He didn't like that; he felt uncomfortable. But after thinking for a moment, he answered, "I didn't understand."

"It's okay, forget about it. Thank you for sending me a piece of your favorite food. That was really nice of you. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I won't ask you to play again; it was my mistake. And I should thank you for what you said about Bella. I know everything, and she was talking behind my back a little while ago. I'm not as foolish as she claims. It's good that I told you this without the need for those messages."