- thirty six -

aubrey's pov:

i sat between sydney and my mom who had my dad next to her, and pierre was sat in front of me with is parents beside him.

incredibly pascal seem very nice, too nice i would say comparing to how my first time meeting her went but it's fine i'll take it. my mom and pascal just asked each other question about our life's and theirs, i keep looking at pierre and sydney but they just smiled, i don't want to seem mean but i'm literally waiting for the shoe to drop, i know it's bad but can you blame me?.

"so next is singapore?" pascal looked and pierre and then at me. i looked at pierre.

"ye yeah singapore and japan" he said "exiting races" he cleared this throat.

"and aubrey... you're going?" jean asked making my parents look at me too. ay.

"yeah i think so" i said.

"it's far" my mom said.

"i agree, maybe you should miss the asian races and just go to the next three, i think abu dhabi is also far"  pascal said.

"yes, the long flight hours, the strong food, it always rains in japan you could fall-" my mom started saying.

"it rains everywhere... i'm not missing any races just because there far or whatever the reason, i'm just over two months it's okay" i said cutting her off and looking at her with wide eyes.

"i'm not going to leave aubrey for two weeks, so she's coming with me no questions asked" he looked at his parents and mine.

sydney squeezed my hand and i looked at her, she came close to my ear and mumbled 'hot' and i turned to her and said 'i know'. it was good to hear pierre on my side, it really assured me his intention towards our relationship, he could've easily agreed and be done.

after lunch we showed jean and pascal the baby's room, since she asked last time. she said to my mom they should go shopping for presents because the nursery looked sad. i guess our moms are having a blast together and our dads are just along for the ride.

i went into sydney's room too asked if she wanted to go shopping with us.

"do you wanna go?" i asked as i sat in the bed.

"you know... i could go with the parents and get some presents and BOTH of you could stay here and talk about a certain necklace" she touched my hand while giving me a look "just try to talk and if everything goes to shit let me know and i'll stall until thing calm down... but don't take too long you know i'm not great with parents" she smiled.

"umm i don't know... to be honest i don't even want to know the story behind it" i said looking to the door where the sound of our parents and pierre laughter filled the room.

"hey... maybe it's not that bad" she shrugged her shoulders.

"it's pierre" we both said "for all i know those are the initial for his sun somewhere in the world" i said laughing.

"hey don't say that... it's weird haha" she said "okay i'll tell them i'm joining the shopping spread saying i want to suprime you guys or something, so both of you can stay" she takes my hand and lefts her eyebrows waiting for me to agree.

"i like the surprise part, i want some nike low dunks black and white hahah just saying" i said as we laughed leaving the room.

sydney explained to everyone the plan and we decided to take care of dinner for when they come back. after brainstorming what to eat we went outside to just sit out and take a breather of all the question our parents asked. but all i could think about is how the fuck i'm a going to ask him about the necklace, i don't want to start a fight but i just can't think of a good way this is going to end.