- forty eight -

aubrey's pov:

i get woken up by someone falling into the bed, i grab my phone looked at the time and see only an hour had pass, it was just for a moment that i forgot where i was and what had happened but seeing pierre made everything come back to me. i sit up and look at him waiting for some kind of explanation but he just stares at me, apparently angry which doesn't make any sense when i'm the one who should be looking at him like that. he left the paddock like 3 hours ago or something, checking the time he hadn't even texted back, if anything i should be fucking furious.

"what are you doing here?" he said laying on his stomach with his arms under the pillow looking at me with a side eye.

"i'm sorry? you're joking right?" my heart starts pounding a little to fast for my liking, i feel like i'm missing something, was i not invited here? why doesn't he want me here?.

"we agreed you would stay in milan this weekend" that's it? he doesn't even move like he's totally unfazed by his questioning and my surprise.

"i know..." i sit up straight and cross my legs towards him "but i missed you and didn't want to be alone so i got on the next plane here, but it seems to be a fucking inconvenience for you" i get but from the bed and head to the bathroom, i need to cool off before my blood pressure goes to shit.

"that's a 14 hour flight minimum" he sits up this time following me with his eyes all the way to the bathroom "the doctor said no more stress aubrey".

"i can still fly pierre" once i finish washing my face i grabbed my toiletries walking to my suit case, clearly i'm not welcome here "i'm sorry i cut your party short, you can go back i won't be here when you come back" i start putting stuff inside my suit case not even looking for what's mine and his, "and just so you know flying doesn't stress me, you do" and my heart falls when i say that because the look on his face is one i don't want to ever see again "i'm sorry, i didn't mean that" i drop the cloth on my hands and exhale really loud.

i know i should've not said that but it's the truth, as much as it hurts to admit.

i continue packing thinking this was the worst idea to ever cross my mind, he doesn't move from the bed, he doesn't stop me or says anything, he just stares and that's all i need to fucking leave. i grab my purse and phone, heading towards the door feeling like my chest is about to explode, but before i even get to fulling open the door pierre comes from behind me and shuts it making me jump. i'm facing the door, not wanting to look at him, he has a arm stretched out next to my head making it impossible for me to open the door, i sigh and lower my head just as he takes a step closer and i can feel his breath running through my neck making my body shiver, he lays a hand on my shoulder moving it to my arm and finally grabbing my hand he whispers in my ear "please don't leave".

my chest moves up and down, i can't think straight when he's close to me, i want to be angry at him "stop giving me reasons" but my love for him is bigger "i'm sorry for coming without telling you, but why didn't you call or text back? i think i deserve better than a cold shoulder at this point" i single tear drops and i quickly dry it away.

"i didn't want to speak to you" that didn't hurt at all.

i turn around so fast he lets go of my hand and takes a step back "what are we 15? if you're mad you talk to me, you let me know what's your problem and i will give you the space you need, what you don't do is ignore me for hours knowing i'm in your room, do you have any idea what's been going through my mind? for all i know you had an accident or ran into an ex girlfriend from this country" i shouldn't have said that either but he makes me so mad i actually don't care.

he fully backs away this time with his hands on his hips and his head low, he stops in the middle of the room "i didn't cheat on you, i was mainly doing media and briefings but i did go out for a beer with the team, i was mad at you so i didn't want to come back" i'm still at the door looking at him, i know he's not lying but can he honestly blame me for thinking about it? "i didn't cheat or cross path with any ex girlfriend".