- thirty nine -

pierre's pov:

i went to open the door greeting alex and lily as they passed by me telling them everyone was outside, i turned to lando and luisa giving him a weak handshake and a awkward side hug to her. i'm trying to keep my cool but just thinking about him trying to steal aubrey from me... makes me want to fight him but because that would only ruin my relationship with her i'm going to be the bigger person and talk to him.

"hey before we go out there i wanted to tell you that if you even try to come in between her and me i'm going to make sure she never wants to see you again" well... kinda of the bigger person "i know you were there for her when... but if you can't be only her friend then your a problem i'm happy to resolve" i lift my eyebrows to him "okay? great let's go" i said following alex and lily outside not even waiting for him to respond.

i didn't even notice luisa was next to us, she really is just filling up a void.

after a few hours i barely even notice lando's presence since he didn't talk most of the time, once in a while carlos asked him if he was okay but he just nodded, i focused my attention to what everyone was talking about but having aubrey's hand in mine i could feel how tensed she was.

"i'm going to the bathroom" she said getting up and i nodded to her. few minutes later i got up to get us some sodas when i felt a tap on my shoulder.

"hey mate" daniel said "you okay?" he got a beer from the cooler.

"yeah, wish lando wasn't here but whatever" i said rolling my eyes.

"yeah... look i don't want to over step or anything but i've grown close to aubrey and all i wanted to say is get your shit together mate, your either in this or not" he said putting a hand on my shoulder with a worried look.

"shit. she talked to you?" he nodded "i'm just... i don't know, we moved to fast after we found out about the baby and maybe we should've waited a little more-".

"mate you were the one who said yes about the baby and suggest her to change her whole life" he waved his arms in a dramatic way.

"i knooow and i don't regret anything but... everything happened so fast and just meeting her was unexpected" i said looking away.

"well like i said, get your shit together because the moment she leaves there's already going to be someone waiting to pick her up, baby or no baby" we looked at lando who got up and went inside. over my dead body is he going to be involved that way in my kids life.

"can you believe this guy? the audacity to fall for someone else's girl!" i said getting a little mad.

"can you blame him? i mean it's not cool but he saw her at her most vulnerable and took care of her, feelings grew" he said shrugging his shoulders.

i'm scared that the feelings grew on both sides.

"did she tell you that she had feelings for him?" i was curious at what else she told him.

"all i know is that she misses him as her friend, you have to realize you hurt her and he was there, it could've been anyone but it was him" he said making his words sting me in the chest, the feeling of her crying in his arms because of me just made my heart explode but i can't blame anyone but my self, i drove her to his arms.

"but how can i trust him around her? he brought a girl but i could feel his eyes on aubrey the hole time" i rolled my eyes looking away.

"it's going to take sometime but i told her it's better a friendship then nothing at all, she genuinely wants his friendship more than anything and plus he is also your friend, don't forget that he was one of your best friends before you even met her" he said looking me in the eye.