Free Me From This Pain//Prologue

Rows upon rows of children lined up.

Faelyn held her arms out as a worker placed the uncomfortably heavy cuffs on her small, thin wrists.

Keeping her eyes low, to avoid the discomforting gazes on them, the girl carried down the line and stood in front of another worker. Her short hair was yanked out of the way with a small wince from her side. Hearing the click of a large bulky collar sitting on her shoulders, Faelyn let out a slight gasp at the touch of cold metal.

Moving on into different rooms, it wasn't much.

The room was as big as a twin size bed, barely giving the little girl room to stretch her arms out. The floor and wall were all designed the same metallic color of a eerie dark blue.

Looking towards the only metal door in the room, Faelyn watched the small buzzer on top of the frame buzz a bright neon red, signaling that the door was about to open.

"Please proceed into the training room."

Feeling her fingertips go numb, the little girl hesitated in her movement.

And that wasn't the right choice of action.

Her collar read her actions and sent an electric shock through her nervous system.

She let out a yelp and stumbled forward through the door.

Falling to her knees, Faelyn gripped the collar in a desperate attempt to free herself. The fear that coursed through her made resulted the start of panic at the thought of being shocked again at any moment.

"Is this really my opponent?"

Looking up, the little girl was met with a kid just as confused as her but with a scowl on his lips.

"W-who...?" Faelyn murmured quietly with a pale complexion. Her fingers weakly clutching her white dress, "Opponent...?"

The boy sneered at her confusion and crossed his arms, "The doctors are trying to figure out who are to be the main contenders of the evolution!"

Faelyn looked even more lost, "Evolution...?" She coughed out. Stumbling back up to her feet, she rubbed her arms with a slight shiver.

"Easy picking for me, then..." The boy shrugged.

Just then a giant screen appeared in the middle of the room and showed a short man with a stubby figure. His attire done in a scientific lab coat with a clipboard at ready.

"Prepare yourselves, because I'm sure this isn't gonna be fun.... Well. Except for me, that is."

The buzzers lit up to yellow.

"Remember! No one leaves this room until one contender is left standing! Alive or dead! Your choice!"

"D-Dead...?" That one statement sent shivers down the little girl's spine at the mere thought of fighting to the death.

The buzzer rung green, and that allowed the hand cuffs to fall from they're wrists, releasing them to attack the other.

The boy rushed forward with his hands held forward into what looked like claws.

Faelyn gasped and rolled out of the way barely in time. Her leg earned a small nick.

Curling her fingers in, she pushed herself up to run far away as possible from the danger, "P-Please—! I don't wanna fight!" She hiccuped sharply as her collar sent an electric shock through her.

She choked on her spit and fell forward, "Eurgh—!!"

The boy laughed at her pathetic state, "You think begging will save you!?" He slowly walked forward and grabbed her by the collar of her white dress, "You think weeping your prayers is gonna help you!?" A twisted smile rose on his face, "The only way to survive this hell is to stop this sad act."

Faelyn grabbed his wrists weakly as she felt her air circulation start to cut off, "...W-Wha..?"

Throwing her across the room, the boy glared at her trembling form, "To survive in a room of animals, you must become an animal!" He stomped forward and brought his foot down on her rib, "To fight against your opponent you must be just as ruthless as your enemy!"

He sent a kick to her stomach making her retch up the mornings servings. The boy took a step back with a scrunched up nose at the foul stench.

She coughed up the bile with a regretful cough that made her tongue recoil in distaste.

Stumbling back up to her feet, she felt her feathers unconsciously start to grow out on her arm defensively.

The boy released a cackle, "But let's be honest, a baby bird can't just magically gain the ability to fly on the first flight..." He sighed lazily before delivering a blow to her right cheek, sending her skidding across the floor.

Her vision spotted out into different colors for a moment until she felt a weight straddling her.

The boy pinned her down and repeatedly started delivering blow after blow.

"S-Stop..."

The boy let out a laugh, "You think I'll listen to you!? A weak little girl who seems to have lost her way from home—!?"

His wrists were grabbed as he went to claw at her. Faelyn gritted her teeth through the splutters of blood. Her red hair dusted with dirt and oil as it looked dismayed, "Get-! OFF ME—!!" She yelled out in a grunted scream. She began to kick her legs wildly in retaliation, "GET OFF ME—!! YOU BITCH!!"

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!?" He looked down and noticed a stark difference in her.

Specifically her eyes.

Those once, weepy, teary, eyes that were filled with horror, grew cold and dark.

Her sapphire eyes brimmed with utter rage and defiance.

She lashed her dirt filled nails into his skin and head butted the boy off her.

The boy yelped, reflexively holding his sore bleeding nose.

But that was his first mistake, because the little girl was now upon him in seconds, an animalistic instinct to attack the threat before her.

She tackled him to the ground and started to claw at him in a frenzy of adrenaline and fueled up rage for all the pain she went through.

"YOU—!" She felt her the feathers on her arm stiffen into a locked position before she struck forward and noticed a small trickle of red leak down her hand and spread around the two.

And that was the day.

That Faelyn learned how to harden her feathers.

/:/~***~/:/

Word Count:(1019)

WELCOME BACK TO CAPTAIN'S PARROT!!!

BOOK 2!!!!!

Arcs that are to be expected in this:

Davy Jones Battle Arc

Water 7 Arc

Enies Lobby Arc

LETS GET IT—!!