Time to be Just as Ruthless//Chapter 48

Who knew killing someone's little brother when you were six would put themselves into a situation like this....!?

Wyper was slung over Faythe's shoulder as she ran away from the crazy lunatic of an agent. He was knocked out when he slammed into a metal beam that was contracting some gas pipes. His explosives went off and then he was unconscious.

"Nevermind earlier,..! THIS! THIS IS THE MOST BAD LUCK I CPULD HAVE BEEN DEALT!" Faythe screamed out.

She swerved to the side where Wyper's massive berserker shield was strapped to his back and blocked an oncoming attack from Quinn's cutlass.

"You're fairly fit for an experimental rat from the bottom of the rankings." Quinn whistled out as she dove in on another ruthless attack, "You would be fairing even better if you left that big fella behind~!!"

"And leave him to your cynical tortures!? You got me fucked up!" Faythe scorned, readjusting Wyper into a more comfortable position, slinging his arm over her shoulder.

Quinn then out of nowhere had her cutlass whip around a pillar and start tossing them straight at the redhead, "Then go ahead and dodge these, the best you can!!"

Faythe gasped and dialed out of the way as she rolled around a corner. The pillars ramming into different rooms and walls, destroying more of the tower than the pirate herself, "This whole thing is gonna come down on us both if you keep this up!!" She peeked around the corner nervously.

"Then I guess, YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO DEFEAT ME BEFORE THAT HAPPENS!!" Quinn laughed, lunging an entire cage at the corner she was peeking from.

Faythe lunged away from the corner and hugged her back against the stone covered walls. Her chest rising in panic as she tried figuring out what to do. Her hands searching through her things as she tried figuring out what she had.

A reject dial.

A flame dial.

A recording dial.

And finally a breath dial with limited airflow.

Faythe's face lit up. A smirk replacing her nervous one, "I may have a plan... A crazy one..." she clenched the recording dial, "But a plan nevertheless."

/:/~***~/:/

Walking down the hall in long strides, Quinn peered around quietly, trying to figure out where her little hunting bird flew off to.

"Have you ever wondered if we had a choice? The shock collars? The strangely crafted man-made devil fruits?"

Quinn immediately attacked a crate, thinking that was where the voice was coming from. But alas, all there was in store was few documented papers, "Tsk." She peered around with squinted eyes.

"You think we wanted to be used as experiments...!?" A whirring noise was heard farther down the hall.

Quinn followed silently, keeping her steps as quiet as possible.

"It was either kill or be killed. My hand was forced by your brother."

Quinn gritted her teeth and spat out a response, "And what are you saying? That the government lied to me and my family about great prosperous days, with a fixed rank in store if we followed exactly as they said!? Are you saying it was all a lie??"

"So that's what they said..." A whisper was heard only mere inches away from Quinn's ear.

The agent gasped and whipped her sword at the air behind her. Only to be met with nothing yet again, "You hide...!! Like the scum you are...! But I know what you truly are...!" She released a cocky laugh, "The documents keep track of all transactions with bought products made by the government!"