DOWN WITH CP9!!//Chapter 55

All the yelling and aggravating shouting had slowed to nothing but her own erratic heartbeat in her ears, "No, no, no, no, no

All the yelling and aggravating shouting had slowed to nothing but her own erratic heartbeat in her ears, "No, no, no, no, no...!" Her eyes never leaving Usopp's back as he stood there, shouting at Luffy, "He can't be here....!" She reached out her hand as if she could grab his cape and yank him from the edge.

But instead of grabbing hold of his red cape, her hand was instead the one being grabbed—Faythe was pulled away. Her body crashed into Wyper as he shielded her from an attack she should've surely seen.

"My Lady, it is highly advisable you get a fuckin grip on the situation we're in." Wyper looked down only to see her not paying attention to his scolding, "What..." He followed where she was looking and a scowl filtered on his face almost immediately, "That bastard..."

"Usopp he..." Faythe wanted to say something and just run over and tackle the Sniper into a deadly gripping hug.

"No—just! Stop whatever you're thinking." Wyper pulled her away so that she'd only look up at him, "I know you still consider him as a friend. But you need to understand that he had done something he shouldn't have. Not just to Luffy. But to you as well."

Faythe looked at him with an almost broken look, "But..."

"No! Faythe, please. He doesn't deserve your unconditional love unless he acts upon his consequences of hurting you, first." Wyper looked at her almost desperately to understand, "You don't need to mad at him to be hurt. You cling to hope that things will go back to normal, but that won't happen unless he is the one to fix this. Not you."

Faythe frowned and looked down to contemplate, "Yeah... I understand..." She looked back up with an apologetic face, "Sorry 'bout that..."

Wyper smiled as she slowly started to understand, "No. I'm sorry for being so aggressive. Just... Just know you are not the problem. I mean it." He placed a hand on her head and ruffled up her hair affectionately, "It's an honor to be your friend, Faythe. Remember that."

Faythe's frown slowly shifted at the last part, a smile bloomed on her features as she grabbed his hand and held it close, "Thanks, a lot, Wyper. For looking out for me."

"Don't mention it." He smiled and then turned on his heel to right hook a marine Captain.

"LUFFY!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!? WAKE UP!!"

Usopp's shouting could be heard as Faythe traded blows with a marine Captain and won with quick high kick. Apparently Luffy saw him which resulted in him continuing, "D-Don't misunderstand me!!! I only came here to rescue Robin!!! It's not like I came here to see your face!!"

Faythe felt her face grow more aggravated by the second, but she was happy he came to save Robin too.

"HEY, YOU, THE BOSS CAT OF THE CP9!! I'LL BE YOUR OPPONENT!! COME GET ME!!!"