A Question Unveiled//Chapter 62

"You're my grandson!! That's why I won't capture you on this island!!" Garp yelled out proudly, "That's how I'll give my report to the marines, so don't worry and stay here as long as you like."

A man with a fedora deadpanned at his superior's choice of words, "That's not an excuse at all... Let's just say they got away."

Garp ignored his trusty officer and continued chatting causally with his grandson, "After all, I'm just tagging along these two kids here. You can... Well, have fun catching up with them." He huffed out hesitantly, "I'm leaving."

"Okay. Bye." Luffy waved happily. He immediately received a sucker punch to the face.

"THATS WAY TOO DULL!!" Garp yelled, "BE A LITTLE MORE RELUCTANT, IDIOT!!! YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ME FOR A WHILE!!"

Luffy held his face with a sour look, "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!? ALL YOU'VE DONE IS HIT ME!!"

"EVEN THEN, I STILL WANT TO BE LIVED BY MY GRANDSON, DOODOOHEAD!!"

The entire crew watched from the newly fixed wall that was added a window.

"Their selfishness makes me understand how they're blood related." Nami deadpanned.

"Really?"

Everyone turned to Faythe who was still sitting at the table with a pen in hand. She peered up, putting her glasses on the crown of her head, "I mean. I thought just by looking at them, you could see the resemblance. It's almost uncanny how similar they look." She waved her pen idly in the air with a goofy grin, "They do have that signature family smile."

The strawhats looked back out to see what the red head was saying.

"I mean they do have that same expression..."

"Both freakishly strong..."

"Scars on their faces..."

"I'm not sure scars have anything to do with genetics."

Smiling at their conversation, Faythe went to write down a few more jotted notes, but she only finds out that her writing utensil had run out of ink. Furrowing her brows, she tries scribbling the ink out with small pressure, but to no avail. Tossing the pen to the side, she searched her temporary work desk for any more pens or quills.

Peeking over the stack of books, Faythe spoke to Wyper on the other side of the table, "Hey, Wyper?"

"Yes, my lady?" He asked without looking up from his current read—that being her first published book.

"Do you see any pens on your side, or anything to write with in general?"

Wyper scanned his area, lifting up a couple of toppled over notebooks, "No? Sorry. But is it of great importance?"

"Kinda." Faythe leaned back with her arms crossed, "I can't continue writing without one...."

Wyper jumped in his seat, "Then let us be on our way to go acquire this item immediately!" Just as he was about to close his book, Faythe put her hand over his saved page.

"No need. You stay here and continue your reading. It'll just be a short trip." She smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. It's just around the corner." She slipped her journal bag over her shoulder and secured her money pouch to her waist buckle.

"Be safe, then, my lady." Wyper dipped his head in a formal farewell.

"Always." She smiled.

Opening the door that was beside the fixed wall, she walked past the three boys that were in a heated discussion. Which unsurprisingly, she caught one of their attention.