A Unexpected Meet// Chapter 7

Everything felt still and quiet as her form had slowed to almost a stop in mid air.

The sounds around her was heard muffled.

Sounds of yells and cannon explosions was heard distantly as Faythe could only feel her figure slowly start to tip to the side.

What's happening?

Was I shot?

Am I dead?

Why is everything so quiet?

Where's Wyper and Nami?

Are they okay?

Where did Foxy go?

What did he do to me?

These questions repeated in her head like a mantra as she couldn't think straight. Everything was abnormally still and quiet. She was used to the boisterous laughter of her crew and the loud chaos that would ensue after. But here?

It felt foreign to her.

And she didn't like it at all.

All that came to a stop when she felt her figure resume back to its normal speed and water soon engulf her.

Her claws reached out frantically at the foreign substance consuming her. Her feathers began to feel heavy as her beast transformation soon dissipated back into her human form, "Gagh—!!" Her arms flailed as she felt her throat get invaded by the salty seawater. Her lungs burned for air as she continued to fight against the sudden pull on her body, "SOMEBODY—!!"

"FAE—!!"

"FAYTHE-CHAN—!!"

"HURRY UP!! SHE'S DROWNING!!"

"HEL—!" She felt her body sink as her head was pulled underwater. Her vision blurred as she watched the beautiful sunlight beam down from underneath the waves.

A hand reached down and tugged her up, but her vision had long disappeared as she went unconscious.

/:/~***~/:/

Running along the ship, a little girl with red hair had been caught stowing away without her family's permission.

"You brat—!!"

Her yellow dress' collar had been grabbed as she was held up to the latter's stern look.

The red head girl blew a raspberry at her father, "Bleh—! You always say that you'll bring us next time but keep making excuses!! So I made my own time!" She crossed her arms as she kept a even look with the man.

The man in question held a uneasy look, "Yeah! I did it because little girls like you have no reason to be out on this dangerous sea!" He frowned.

"You took Betty last time!!"

"That's because he can defend himself! And he's like two years older than you, little missy!"

The girl wouldn't relent, "Oh yeah!? Then how am I supposed to protect myself if I don't get to see or experience what's out here!"

The father was about to snap back but found no other comment to fight with. Even when she was giving him that certain look when she wanted something, "You..."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA—!! She's got you there, Cap'!"

"She's just like 'em! It's like watching a fight between a smaller version of himself!"

"Wait til his wife finds out!"

"Then the REAL show begins!!"

"You right about that!! AHAHAHAHA!!"