The Foxy Pirates//Chapter 2

Sitting in front of the old man, Faythe stared in silence as everyone tried to process what the hell happened.

That is until the old man decided to speak up, "Long time no see... Long time no see..." He muttered with small confusion lacing his tone, "Are you well?"

Everyone looked to Faythe for a moment before she furrowed her brows in confusion, "Who?"

Luffy shrugged, "I don't know him..."

Chopper smiled, "Me neither."

The old man continued on casually, "Ah... No wonder I have never seen your faces before..."

Usopp gapped at the old man, "Yo! What kind of answer is that!? Who the heck are you—?"

At this the old man rubbed his bruised nose, trying to rub off the leaking blood, "My name is Tonjit. Firstly, I must thank you... For getting me down from the stilts."

"A stilt!?" Faythe perked up and snapped her head to looked at the very end of the fallen bamboo. Her eyes lit up at the sight of small wooden beams nailed at the top.

"Wow! It's true!!"

Luffy stretched his arms above his head, "But it was so tall that I couldn't see the top..!!"

Tonjit nodded with a smile, "Yes, and I was on top of it."

"Oh... Darn... So you're not the Genie of the Bamboo Stick, but just an old man on a very tall stilt." Luffy tilted his head, "Hey. Why were you on top of such a tall stilt?"

Tonjit began to wander off dramatically with his hands crossed behind his back, "The thing is, I have always been a fan of stilts, and I thought that... I would use the bamboo on this island to make the world's tallest stilt." He then opened his eyes after long thinking, "However, after I mounted the stilt, I got so scared of the height that I couldn't get down!!"

Luffy gawked at Tonjit, "Are you stupid, old man?"

Tonjit just kept going, "I got stuck there... For 10 long years..."

Luffy seemed even more shocked, "YOU ARE SUPER STUPID—!"

Faythe smirked, "I don't think your allowed to say that word, Luffy."

The Captain glanced at her confused, "What word?"

Faythe booped him on the nose, "Stuuuuppiiidd~!" She stuck her tongue out as she tugged his hat down playfully.

Luffy gasped and yanked his hat back up with an amused grin, "Get over here—!!" He chased her.

Usopp waved the idiots off before processing the years Tonjit had been stuck on his stilts, "TEN YEARS!!? YOU WERE ON TOP OF THOSE STILTS FOR TEN YEARS!!!?"

Tonjit crossed his arms over his chest with a nod, "Yes, and the baaaaamboo kept growing longer and longer... So I got more and more afraid!!!" He then looked up to the sky with an exhausted look, "Ah~~ The horror~~~!"

Usopp gasped at his sarcastic remark, "Is that your statement after 10 years—!?"

Faythe had stumbled over her own feet and went rolling across the grass. Funnily enough, Luffy started to make fun of her until he did the exact same thing she did and started rolling right afterwards.

As they collided, they're foreheads bonked against each other, sending them reeling back in pain.

"Godamit, Cap—!!" Faythe groaned out as she peeled a eye open to see Luffy pouting at the large bump forming on his own forehead.

"It's not my fault, you dragged me into your bad luck...!" Luffy whined, "Why do you have such a hard noggin', Fae?" He blinked at Faythe's frown.

"I don't have the hard noggin' here Cap. It's you and your stubborn ass." Faythe pulled at his cheeks and started pull as far as she could go.