Well, about that.//Chapter 64

Humming a catchy toon that he remembered back in his little youngin days, Corbett cruised his small boat around an island shore to the misty fog that surrounded its waterfall.

"The map that leads to you~! Ain't nothin' I can't do~! The map that leads to you~!" He drummed his fingers on the side railing. But before he could reach the next line in the song, his transponder started ringing.

Picking up the shell and holding it to his lips, "Helloooo~! What can I do for you, my sweet—"

'It's Leona.'

Corbett's face dropped in pure disgust, "Oh, it's you."

'Zimri passed the transponder to me as soon as you said hello.' She said with slight irritation, 'Anyways! Where are you! You said you'd be here at the designated time period! You're an hour late!'

Corbett barely listened, picking at his ears as he steered the rudder around the shore and towards a small cove next to the waterfall.

'And how can you dump such a load of orders on me in such a short amount of time!? Don't you know I'm already busy with my other work? I have establishes over so many islands! I have runways to host!'

Corbett sighed and gathered his little belongings into his sack, "Yeah, yeah. Just open the latch, will ya?"

'—Oh! Your here? That was fast. Must've been my complaining.'

Corbett turned to the waterfall. Watching the curtain of powerful water split down the middle as an archway door started opening itself, "Cant get enough of it, I guess." He held an arm out, "Found any potential suitors yet? No bachelors to your taste?" The entire boat he drifted on started lifting off the waters as it began to sail through the air and straight into the archway.

The slam of a transponder was heard to his left as he landed the boat on a landing dock. He turned to see a furious Leona, almost cracking the poor caller in her clenched fist.

"You infuriate me, Captain."

"All in a day's work." He did a mock bow as he strutted past Leona, letting the tiny porcelain dolls scramble to assist unloading the boat. They're small gears tinkering away behind the two individuals.

"How are we doing on time?"

Leona pulled out a clipboard and started listing the factors, "Well, all the bottles of rum and wine have been shipped and all requests on the food menu have been made."

"Any news on Gwen?" Corbett received a paper that showed the flowing shipment of his industry, "I got a call from her girlfriend saying she didn't show up yet."

Leona frowned, "No. Not a single call or letter from her since she departed two weeks ago. Should we send a search party?"

"No." Corbett adjusted his long sleek coat, "She survived a vampire apocalypse on her island for years. She knows how to take care of herself. It just means she'll have to skip on meeting Marco."

Leona sighed, "She did say she wished to discuss some new medical records she brought from the fairies."

"Where's Zim?" Corbett signed a paper and handed it to Leona.

"In the engine room. Fixing our course to the set points on the ocean grid." Leona tucked the paper behind the rest of the report.

Corbett opened up his pocket watch—a gift he received from Clock Work City. The ticking from the gears always filled the silence, "Then let us depart, to the main deck, my fearless lioness friend!" And with that he raced off with a happy grin.

/:/~***~/:/

Stepping on the platform, Corbett felt the circular step start rising with a function built into the base itself. The platform lifted both pirates up into a high globe like room. The ceiling nothing but artificial high concentrated glass—powerful enough to stop oncoming fire.