Tis' But A Scratch-!//Chapter 37

"OIIII—!!"

"LUFFY'S FRIENDSS-!!!"

Faythe blinked, her eyes opening a tad bit to get a better view, "Who...?"

Sniper King patted her shoulder, "Wyper and Sanji are going to check it out. Just stay still and rest."

"Okay..." Faythe let out an exhausted sigh, "I'm so tired... I just want Robin and Usopp back..." She pressed her forehead against Sniper King's shoulder.

"Y-Yeah... I'm sure you do..." Sniper King fumbled with his words, "Just, uh... Just think about the battle in Alabasta...! Yeah!"

"Ugh... That was such a horrible day..." Faythe chuckled weakly. Her eyes glazed over, "Now I miss Vivi... I should probably write her again after this..."

"Yeah. I'm sure she'd appreciate it." Sniper muttered while running his hands through her messy locks. He was a little proud for distracting her until they figure out how to unlock those cuffs.

Sanji walked back in with a transponder snail, "I notified Chopper as soon as we meet back up to get a good look at you." He kneeled down—Asking of course—before placing the back of his palm against Faythe's forehead, "No fever. That's good..."

"Who's out there...?" Sniper King inquired, giving Faythe's hand a small squeeze of reassurance.

Sanji made an irritated face before speaking, "It's Franky's group of -henchmen. They said they're here to help. Apparently a frog had smacked Luffy's train off the track."

"And Wyper?"

"Holding them at gun point til we get Faythe situated on their weird ass ship." Sanji lightly tapped the red head on her shoulder, "Faythe-Chan... We have some help. But we gotta move you."

Faythe frowned and gave a small whine of disbelief, "I don't wanna... It hurts..."

Sniper let out a sigh, "Don't you wanna go see your Captain? I bet he and everyone else is worried."

Faythe blinked, "Oh right... I forgot..." She mumbled.

Sanji and Sniper King glanced at the other with a newfound worry.

"Must be the blood loss..." Sniper King worried.

"We gotta hurry then." Sanji held out his arms, allowing Faythe to slide off Sniper King's shoulder and fall into his chest without using much effort. Sanji was careful to hoist her up. He held her against his chest as a forearm cushioned her bottom respectfully. His other hand rubbed her back as he quickly made his way to the last car, "Just relax and try not to go to sleep."

Faythe leaned her cheek against the crook of his neck. Her eyes lazily trailing to Sniper King who followed closely behind, "Keep talking..."

Sanji glanced at Sniper King with a pointed look but didn't say anything as he strutted into the kitchen.

"Well... I heard from your buddy Usopp that you're writing a book..! I'm sure it's been published by now...! And that friend, Vivi? She's probably selling them across her island and making sure your journey is told..."

Faythe huffed, her bleeding lip curving into a small smile, "Why is it that you sound more proud than me...? It's my work is it not?"

Sniper King beat his chest with a fist, "It's your passion, right? You need to own up to it! I can't do all the work..!"

A laugh was heard.

Both boys perked up to see Faythe slightly trembling in a soft laugh escaping her lips. Though it quiet. It was heard clearly in the boy's ears.