Desperate Hope//Chapter 49

Slash.

Cut.

Dodge.

Kick.

Slice.

Elbow.

Dodge.

Roll.

Breathe.

Repeat.

Faythe inhaled through her nose as she peered up from the ground to stare down her opponent. Her hands clenching on her feathered blades as they seem to be the only things letting her know that she still had her abilities.

Quinn rushed forward with her cutlasses and swung a large arch from her shoulder down, "Fight! Fighting for what you think is right!? Get real! The world doesn't care about your views! They only care about the results! And that's what the government needed...! Results!"

"Even at the cost of your own brother, you'd still that, after his death!?" Faythe dodged a swipe that was close to slicing her nose off.

"You were the one to kill him!"

"I GAVE HIM MERCY!" Faythe spat back, pushing against Quinn and shoved her into a wall. Her blades trembling with effort to keep up with the red head's strength, "It was the government themsleves that set up the entire project! I alone am not the only guilty person! Your brother as well was guilty! For when I fought with him, he didn't hesitate to try and kill me!"

"That's—! I-I...!" Quinn wavered.

"It was the GOVERNMENT WHO AUTHORIZED SUCH TESTS ON CHILDREN!" Faythe snapped, her blades cutting down on the agent's arm, "Tests that broke them of no returning!"

Quinn gritted her teeth and shoved her off with a kick to the side, sending Faythe flying across the hall, "The government would never! We only allowed specific tests to amplify strength and intelligence! We had no reason to test the spirit and mind of children killers—!!" She spat back. Her breathing picked up rapidly as it looked like her head was racing.

Faythe stood up with the help of the wall supporting her, "Then the government and everyone involved had just turned a blind eye. And it cost us... everything...!" Her face broke into a huge grotesque scream of despair. As if this realization was heartbreaking enough. That her own life meant nothing and was used for another's sake.

"The government would never... It would never..." Quinn bit down on her bottom lip, trying to suppress an aggravated scream of frustration, "They... The only explanation would be... If it meant absolute Justice would be served to those that deserve it...!" A crazed smile overturned her confused disarray.

Faythe took a step back, "What...??"

"The children... They sinned from the start! That's why the government did it! Just like Nico Robin! She was a sinful child! She needed to be erradicated! So those nasty little children killers all got what they deserved in the end—!! AHAHAHAHAHA—!!"

Faythe frowned in disgust, "You think like this even though your brother was also one of those killers and was killed by another...???"

Quinn's face looked devoid for a moment after Faythe introduced the brother into the picture. Small muttering couldn't be heard from the agent, but the psychotic look in her eyes when they glanced up to meet her own terrified pair, gave the red head her answer.

"You've gone mad...!" Faythe shook her head.

"If it's in the name of Justice... Then my brother was saved in the arms of death as his atonement for sinning." Quinn cackled. Her position slowly twisting into one of disfigurement, "Now it's time for you to get your own overdue atonement." She giggled.