Hi, Luffy's Grandpa. Wait. Why are you a marine?//Chapter 61

"Luffy, don't you owe me an apology?" Luffy's Grandpa looked almost like a carbon copy of Luffy himself. It almost made Faythe wanna go straight up to the old man and memorize his face into the depths of her mind. Just having them next to the other scratched her brain in a strange way.

He stood so confidently that it reminded her of Luffy when he introduces himself to anybody he likes on first sight. Maybe it was the eyes, the scar, or maybe just that wide smile. It looked like an older Luffy.

Faythe could only stare wide eyed at the marine before them.

And Luffy was too busy trying to ease the massive bump growing on his forehead.

"By 'Garp,' you mean the Hero of the Marines!?" Nami asked with furrowed brows.

"A mighty warrior among soldiers?" Wyper quirked his head.

"Or just a verrrrrryyyy awkward family reunion..." Faythe whispered, "I was expecting monkeys honestly..."

Sanji turned to his Captain, "Luffy! Is he really your Grandpa!?"

"Yup! Don't mess with him!! You'll get killed..!!!" Luffy warned, "Grandpa has nearly killed me on many occasions in the past."

"So... A veeeeerrrryy bad family reunion?" Faythe whispered to Nami.

"Shut up, Fae!" Nami whisper shouted.

Luffy's Grandpa—Garp—huffed at his grandson's reasoning, "Hey, hey, don't say such a scandalous thing." As if he were feeling irked at how his Grandson was introducing him to his friends, "I pushed you over bottomless cliffs, threw you into the jungle at night, tied you on a balloon and sent you flying in the sky... All that was done so that you could become a strong man!!" He looked way too proud after saying all those torturous endeavors.

Sanji looked on with great terror at the wake up call he just listened to, "—I think I just saw the root of Luffy's endless determination of never giving up."

Garp released a sigh, "In the end, I entrusted him to a friend of mine and trained him with Ace, But as soon as I took my eyes off of him, this happened..." He the glared at Luffy accusingly, "I trained you to be a strong marine!!"

Luffy jumped up to his feet and hollered back, "I always said I wanna be a pirate!!"

"NONSENSE! YOU'RE JUST UNDER THE BAD INFLUENCE OF THAT RED HAIR!!" Garp shouted furiously.

"M-me—???" Faythe nervously laughed quietly as she pointed at herself.

Luffy quickly shouted back as he immediately knew what his Grandpa was talking about, "SH-SHANKS SAVED MY LIFE!! DON'T SPEAK ILL OF HIM!!"

Garp retaliated instantly by grabbing the collar of Luffy's tank top, "Are you telling your own grandfather what to do!!?"

Luffy waved his hands frantically, "GYAAAHHH, IM SORRY!!" He shut his eyes tightly as if bracing for another 'love fist.'

"Oh shit...!! He doesn't even try to fight against his grandfather!!" Sanji gasped.

"Oh my gosh!! A marine captured Luffy!!" Chopper rushed to Faythe and hid behind her legs.

"Luffy!!" Nami called out worriedly.

But before anything could even commence, they had both stopped what they were doing and immediately went to sleep mid-conversation. Snot bubbles appearing from both personnels.