Catch A Train//Chapter 30

Leaning against the cobblestone wall, Wyper crossed his arms, his eyes peering up at Faythe—who seemed to be thinking hard about their situation, "So? Are you really planning on letting her go?"

Faythe smirked, "Hell no."

"Then what do you think Robin's planning? She's set on the crew leaving the island, even if she has to use force from the island's people." Wyper reminded.

"She keeps stating the darkness within her, which is just making me think she's going through an emo phase for some reason..." Faythe muttered before looking up to the sky in thought, "Things are about to get chaotic if she's that desperate for us to leave."

"So what do you think is gonna happen?"

Faythe rubbed her chin, "Justice... Everything is for the act of Justice...." She closed her eyes as she thought of something that prompted with that word, "Is the government really that involved...?"

Wyper raised a brow, "The government?"

"A police force that secures the peace and protects the people from bad pirates, placing bounties and making word changing rules for all the islands under their protection. They're a big deal and have the power and people to eradicated islands and armies of pirates if they have too." Faythe explained briefly.

Wyper huffed, "So after they escape after being thwarted by the Captain, where will they go after such failure in their mission?"

Faythe tapped her chin, "The train...!" Her eyes lit up as she turned to Wyper, "The last train is when they'll depart! It's the perfect chance to slip away unnoticed because they probably booked the last ride!" She slammed a fist into her palm, "And that's when we'll hitch a ride!"

"But until then, what should we do?" Wyper kicked off the wall and fixed his gun.

Faythe led him down the alleyway, before glancing back and forth down the streets to see if it's clear, "We should head back to the meeting spot, at the Inn."

"But wouldn't it be compromised?"

Faythe shook her head, "It wouldn't hurt to check just in case."

"Fine."

/:/~***~/:/

"Too many damn people, but not a single sight of our friends." Wyper noted from a tower's roof. He turned to see Faythe looking off into the distance.

In the far side of the City, you could make out the dark pillars of smoke surfacing from a burning building.

It was a high contrast against the dark looming clouds. The wind only feeding and making the fire grow in wrath as it consumed the building. The dancing red and yellow hues flickered within the night.

It was like a haunting nightmare that was trying to tear down the walls of her brain.

An itch that scratched her brain in a horrible way.