Enies Lobby Damage Control Incoming!//Chapter 39

Main Island: Front Gate—

"Excuse me...." Luffy drawled out, "Please let me through." He ducked out of the way of a marine swinging a spear towards him.

"EVEN IF YOU ASK NICELY, NO MEANS NO—!!" The marine grunted as he felt a kick connect to his lower ribs. His spear was locked in a stand off with a certain red head's sheathe.

"What if we said please...!" She smirked with a glint of mischief in her eye.

"THE ANSWER IS STILL THE SAME—!!" He yelled out, but he noticed the spear in hand was already cut down, "Huh?"

"Got it, so..." Luffy leaped over the man and grabbed his face, "Prepare yourself!"

"DAMN PIRATES—!"

"CRIMINAL SCUM!!"

Faythe whistled loudly as she ducked under a swung sword, "Wow~!! S'not like we haven't heard that before...!! Incredible name calling, gentlemen. Really hurt me in the feels with that one." She casually twirled around and grabbed a man by his hands once she discarded his weapon with her blade, "Shall we...?" She glanced up at him with a mischievous look.

"Wha—!?" The marine screeched when he was led around by the red head in a tornado of twists and dips. Her blade in between their interlocked hands was being swung at the enemies that dared come near, "WAHHH—! I'm sorry!!!"

"STOP GOOFING AROUND, YOU BASTARDS—!!"

"RELEASE OUR MEN—!!"

Faythe peered over to Luffy to see him practically get a piggyback ride while entangling his limbs around a marine's. Making him act like a literal puppeteer.

"THAT'S ENOUGH—!!"

"YOU LEFT YOUR BACK WIDE OPEN!!"

Faythe closed her eyes and closed the distance between her and her Captain. As she managed to get close enough, she intercepted their swings with her sole blade. As soon as their swords met her blade, the absorbed impact managed to shatter her blade.

"HAH! YOUR UNARMED!!"

But as soon as they turned to her, they were met with her dance partner being flung at them in great speeds. The collision made them discard their weapons in hopes of not injuring their ally.

Faythe grinned as she grabbed a pair of new swords for the battle ahead, "A battlefield is just a treasure trove full of weapons." She equipped the swords onto her hip, when she turned to see Luffy finish off his marine that gave him a free piggyback.

"Let's go!" Luffy turned to Faythe and held out his hand.

"Right!" Faythe nodded and placed her hand in his as he led her further towards the front gate. Up ahead two marines who had a naginata in their own hands.

As they swung, Luffy yanked Faythe close to himself as he slid forward into a little jump. Faythe's face had barely skimmed past the blade of their weapons, when they skidded past them.