Iceberg Shot--!//Chapter 28

The fight was over

The fight was over.

The odds were in Luffy's favor no matter how you look at it.

Usopp knew this. But he still wanted this.

Wyper had gone out earlier because of the sound of an Impact Dial being used. Saying he'd come back. He didn't.

Faythe had just heard the last bit of Sanji reprimanding Chopper about not giving Usopp pity as it'd just wound his pride more.

Zoro was finishing his small pep talk with Luffy who had his hat over his eyes—covering his face.

Faythe took one glance at Usopp's figure in the distance and was about to break out into a run, but the firm hand on her arm prevented such. She whipped around hurriedly, seeing it was Zoro with a stern look.

"If you go down there, you'll just be doing the same thing as Chopper...! He doesn't need your pity." Zoro grounded her.

Faythe stood her ground, "I'm not giving him pity." She yanked led her arm out of his hold, "Even if he may not be a crew member anymore... That doesn't make him any less than a friend of mine—!" She didn't want their last moments be settled with argument fueled by anger alone. So before Zoro could even stop her, She twisted out of his range while he was stunned. Reaching for the rails, Faythe swung her legs over and leaped off the Merry.

"Faythe—!" Zoro bit back a scowl, "You can't just—!" But his lectures were cut off by a hand being placed on his shoulder. He glanced over to see it was Luffy with a blank look.

Watching the red head create more distance in a span of mere seconds.

"Just her have this one." Luffy muttered before turning around to go collect his stuff.

Zoro frowned, taking one more glance over at the red head before following after.

Nami, Sanji, and Chopper were looking nervous between the others, wondering if another fight was about to break out between the First Mate and Writer.

Wyper dragged out a smoke, "You guys go ahead and prepare our luggage, I'll wait for Lady Faythe."

Sanji was hesitant for a moment but deemed the shandorian as trustworthy of keeping Faythe safe, "Alright..." He guided Nami and Chopper inside, already feeling sick of this fiasco.

Faythe sprinted across the dusty plain, "USOPP—!" She hollered over the howling wind, some dust blew up in her mouth, making her cough. She stumbled a couple of times by not paying attention to the unstable ground, but she was too desperate to reach Usopp to care. Finally within range, Faythe slowed down to a halt, kneeling down, she witnessed a multitude of medical supplies left by a weeping Chopper.

"Leave me... alone..."

Faythe stopped in her spot, her hand had only been inches away from his form before he uttered those hoarse words.