Gomorrah's Promise!//Chapter 42

Holding steady, Faythe was getting a very unbalanced checkup by Chopper as he tried his best to redo some of the undone stitches that popped loose during her free run in the main island.

"Now!? Can't it wait til we reach the courthouse!?" Zoro hollered over the wind, "This isn't really the time!"

"Let the lady do as she pleases! She's been through enough as it is!" Sanji hollered back.

"I don't need you hounding at me!" Zoro scowled.

"Coming from the guy who lectures an injured lady!" Sanji looked like he was close to kicking a mortar at the swordsmen.

"Can you guys not!?" Nami spoke up, "Please!?"

"Can't you be more gentle...!" Faythe complained as the doctor accidentally prodded at her skin when Gomorrah shifted to the left after dodging a fired Mortar attack.

Chopper released an immediate apology as he tried his best to keep a steady hoof, "Sorry."

Zambai gripped the reigns, "This central road is bad news...!! They're ambushing us with all sorts of things—!" He then yanked at the reigns to the side with all his strength, leading Gomorrah to sharply veer right down onto another road, "We're changing our route!!"

Almost everyone fell to one side of the saddle, including the pirate group.

Thankfully Wyper caught both Faythe and Chopper with a firm grip on them both, "I'll keep you both from falling over. Chopper, you focus on her wounds."

"Right!" Chopper nodded and went straight back to work even more efficiently now that he didn't have to worry about getting thrown off.

Suddenly a ringing sound had came from Nami's jacket from a breast pocket. The ginger perked up with a raised brow, "Eh? The mini den den mushi!" She pulled it out and answered, "Hello? Who is this?"

'It's us—!!'

"Totally narrowed it down for us." Faythe commented with a straight face.

The Franky Family henchmen though—instantly picked up on the voice as they as swerved around to see why she was calling, "It's old lady Kokoro."

"What's she want!?"

Kokoro spoke up again.

'Thank goodness! It seems like you're all still alive. NGAGAGAGA—!!'

Nami tilted her head, "What's wrong?"

'Well, there was something important, I forgot... So much was going on before..'

"Is it old age?" Wyper whispered.

"No she's just drunk." Faythe replied.

'I'll tell you quickly, so listen well. Pauline's map shows that there's no raid to the Tower of Justice from the Courthouse!'

Sanji nodded along, "That's right... I was going to ask about that."

'Look at the courthouse!! There are two towers, one on either side, right?'

Everyone turned to see exactly what she was talking about, almost identifying the structures immediately.

"Yes! There are!"

"Just like she said!"

'There's a lever in the upper level of each tower... If we pull those a drawbridge from the Courthouse to the Tower of Justice should lower.'

Zambai snapped around, "GRANNY, HOW'D YOU KNOW SOMETHING LIKE THAT!?"

'Back in the day, I came with Tom to fix the bridge!! ITS THE STUPID GOVERNMENT THAT FORGOT THIS FAVOR—!!'