𝐈

Chapter one: Leaving home

--♤--

Zaria Isla ran, as fast as she could while holding her case, the two stopped and looked around hoping that he wasn't following them.

She grabbed her step mother's cheeks feeling the tears that raced down touch her hand, wiping them repeatedly trying so hard to stop her from crying.

"I'm sorry, my darling, I couldn't protect you-" she was cut off my Zaria shaking her head in response.

"Don't say that mother, I failed you, I was supposed to keep you safe but I couldn't and it is my fault, now please I need to go back home and don't speak a word about me, I will be fine. Besides i'm meeting Jesper anyways. Now, take care of yourself and especially May and erase my name."

Her step mother nodded and pulled her into a tight hug, leaving home was the worst thing to ever happen, leaving your family behind, your friends, your whole life.

And Zaria hated leaving Novyi Zem.

"Tell Jesper hi from me, now stay safe, my dear daughter." Nodding, she grabbed her case before walking away to have her own little trip to Ketterdam.

She had a beautiful peaceful life, where she danced in the festivals making a lot of money, the way she would sit in the balcony facing the huge field reading until the sun sets, the way she would write letters to Jesper every month.

Oh, how she will miss this life.

But she never thought she would be in a situation between life and death because of a man, and is currently travelling to one of the most dangerous city.

Being born in Novyi Zem and growing there was the most happiest years, surrounded by people like her who speaks the same language, it is a nation bordered by the Wandering Isle to the north, the True Sea to the east and the Southern Colonies to the south.

Colourful buildings with every single colour existed some you rarely see, flowers from every kind on people's windows, plants growing up the walls, everything.

Warm wind laden the sents of flowers and spice used in the delicious meals, sharp yet flowery that goes up your nostrils heavenly -the smell of home.

The scent she will very much miss.

--♤--

Zaria always hated travelling especially in a boat.

The travel was long, her money was gone but she managed to sneak inside a restaurant to steal some food and went to find Jesper.

Posters of a circus coming up everywhere on every wall, as soon as she stepped in Kerch it was as if a hidden side inside of her has finally emerged.